Page 131 of 894 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133141181231631 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 8933

Thread: Funny CW moments page 131

moonablaze is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by DaisyEater View Post
    Dad's totally supportive of my primal eating. When I told him I was giving up grains his reaction was "Good. They're bad for you anyway."
    I like your dad.

I've given up explaining the way I eat anymore. Most people don't really want to listen, they just want to tell you you're wrong. I can tell if people are genuinely interested or not.

LJH
    LJH is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SpacemanSpiff View Post
    I've given up explaining the way I eat anymore. Most people don't really want to listen, they just want to tell you you're wrong. I can tell if people are genuinely interested or not.
    This.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ELizabeth826 View Post
    I recently started seeing this rugby player and the other day while we were waiting for a movie he said he had a tough training session that day and was pretty hungry. He also mentioned that he does the whole eat-every-3-hours thing. So I commented that he’s lucky that he’s able to make some really delicious meals for himself because he has plenty of time in the day (he doesn't work a 9-5, he plays rugby full time, but for far less than 8 hours a day). And he said, “No, all my meals are really boring. Everything delicious is bad for you.” I asked him what he meant and he went with the usual low fat blah blah blah, so I said that fats are actually really important. He said “Well yeah, but only "good" fats and those are not the ones that taste good.” (Which, side note: avocados are generally accepted, even in CW, as “good” and they are fucking delicious. But whatever.) I told him that actually science doesn't back that up, and he said he had years of trial and error the does back it up. I decided to drop it because I realized that this was really not a discussion/argument I wanted to have with him yet. (Only been on a few dates and he is in pretty insane shape already and my experience has shown me that people who are getting results with a routine aren’t likely to change it regardless of the science.)
    Apparently dude hasn't read the research on fat and exercise recovery. It's suggested that athletes need at least 25% fat in their diet for recovery (and more is good). Fat phobia in a serious competitive athlete is actually harming that person's recovery time and the ability of the body to repair itself properly.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

spakesneaker is offline Senior Member
    My dad yelled at me for eating meat for breakfast and told me I should be reading Forks Over Knives.

heatseeker is offline Senior Member
    I just returned from a month-long yoga training in which I heard the phrases "oh but it's natural sugar, so it's good for you" and "I eat lots of small meals to keep my metabolism going" more times than any sane person could stand without going apeshit. Thankfully, I was doing a lot of meditation, so I was able to just bite my tongue most of the time. The one time I did challenge someone on the "many small meals" concept--and it wasn't even a challenge, they were simply picking on me for not eating breakfast--"WHAT?! But you have to fire up your metabolism!!"--I'd had a huge dinner the night before and wasn't hungry that morning--I got SHOT DOWN with the fire of a thousand suns. CW-brainwashed hardcore vegans do NOT like being told that there is zero scientific evidence, and actually negative evidence, for how they eat.

I had an amazing month of yoga and mindfulness and peace and love, but man, it's nice to be back among people who know what's up when it comes to food/exercise.

tsd
    tsd is offline Member
    I'm sure everyone has their own encounter like this, but last Saturday at the market:

Me: Excuse me, is your Greek yogurt full-fat or non-fat?
    Vendor (with a huge smile): It has ZERO fat!
    Me: Nevermind, I don't want that.

Thankfully I did find the place that had the full-fat stuff. Sooo good.

Quote Originally Posted by spakesneaker View Post
    My dad yelled at me for eating meat for breakfast and told me I should be reading Forks Over Knives.

Haven't you gotten the memo?

Campbell and Esselstyn are dietary gods.

Nion is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tsd View Post
    I'm sure everyone has their own encounter like this, but last Saturday at the market:

Me: Excuse me, is your Greek yogurt full-fat or non-fat?
    Vendor (with a huge smile): It has ZERO fat!
    Me: Nevermind, I don't want that.

Thankfully I did find the place that had the full-fat stuff. Sooo good.
    My local supermarket has exactly 1 brand of full-fat greek yogurt that's always on sale, cos no-one else wants it :P
    I'm a paleo foodie, come check out my recipes: http://strangekitty.ca/

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    my Fresh Market decided to remove Fage Full Fat as well as all goat milk product.

EPIC FAIL and i told them so.
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com