Page 13 of 895 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113513 ... LastLast

Thread: Funny CW moments page 13

MariaNYC is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

Last night I went to a poster making "party" at a friend's house for her running group. We were making posters for the people running this Sunday's marathon. I guess it's not too surprising what was there -- corn pie (courtesy of my other friend, who mentioned that she almost forgot to add the sugar while making it!), banana nut bread, bananas, crackers with block of orange cheese. Oh and also beer and some kind of soda/cider that advertised "Sweetened with cane sugar."

Today at work is October birthdays party, which means two cakes (gotta admit, the chocolate one looks divine!). I started here last month and was actually pleasantly surprised that in addition to the cakes, they have one of those edible arrangement fruit things. I also noticed a number of people not take cake and when questioned by coworkers, simply reply "I don't really like cake." Hmmmm

Everything in moderation, including moderation.

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

So what was wrong with the beer? Ha ha.

maba is offline Senior Member

Have you noticed how the folks who spout the "Everything in moderation" line are usually the ones who've eliminated an entire group from their diet, I'm referring to the vegetarians here. To borrow a line from "Pay Now, Live Later" blog, the retort to that line should be, Hmmm, How about Insulin in moderation?

MariaNYC is offline Senior Member

Ok ok, the beer was the only good part about it!

Everything in moderation, including moderation.

I went for lunch w/ my team to a Japanese restauarant. While everyone went for the Hibachi, I had sashimi and when the waitress got me soy sauce, I requested wheat-free Tamari instead. I happened to be sitting next to my boss, a very soft-spoken and non-inquisitive person. He asked me if I was sensitive to gluten or was merely avoiding carbs! I found it very funny for some strange reason. I mean he too has noticed my "low-carb" eating when I thought no one would have. At a team pizza luncheon, I was the only one who didn't partake of it, he must have noticed it. Anyway, so I told him it was both.

From some newspaper article about how fad diets are making people obese.

Source: http://comfort-eaters-diet.blogspot....pid-story.html

rphlslv is offline Senior Member

PROTEIN DEFICIENCIES??? That's just ridiculous.

.`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Tarlach is offline Member

Haha... morons

I&#39;d like to see someone explain to me how I could have a protein deficiency.

The "Seven Deadly Sins"

Grains (wheat/rice/oats etc) . . . . . Dairy (milk/yogurt/butter/cheese etc) . . . . . Nightshades (peppers/tomato/eggplant etc)
    Tubers (potato/arrowroot etc) . . . Modernly palatable (cashews/olives etc) . . . Refined foods (salt/sugars etc )
    Legumes (soy/beans/peas etc)

rphlslv is offline Senior Member

What&#39;s worse is that the majority of people will believe it, despite the words "meat, fish" being the first on the list... some folks can&#39;t add 1+1.

A funny thing I noticed lately is how this guy at my gym does 20+ reps of an exercise and is all "UGHH.. UGHH" by the end... while I, on the side, am doing 5 reps and growling. Does he think he&#39;s doing better than me, I wonder?

And ever since I&#39;ve been in that gym - close to 4 months - this rather heavyset guy has been doing the SAME exercises everyday, probably in the same order, and I don&#39;t think he has increased the weights either (yes I noticed all that). What a waste of time.

Oh, and people stare when I do Turkish get ups...

.`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

grandma is offline Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Seems like the 3rd column is in the wrong order. The unpasteurized comment should be with Raw diet shouldn&#39;t it?

It's grandma, but you can call me sir.