Page 129 of 880 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139179229629 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 8800

Thread: Funny CW moments page 129

amazonmagic is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Here is a good one. So on Tuesday I had forgotten my lunch at home so I called up a resturant to order a burger, wrapped in lettuce with a side salad. I had done this before and the lady on the other end has no problem and doesn't bat an eye. On Tuesday someone new answered the phone and here is the conversation.

Me: Hello I'd like to order a monster burger with no bun wrapped in lettuce please

Her: Umm what do you mean by no bun?

Me: Oh they do it for me all the time, hold the bun and wrap the burger in lettuce

Her: (completely serious) I hope the cooks can remember how to do that.

Headslap OMG!

Sudenveri is offline Senior Member
    In my little corner of the cubicle-farm at work, Friday has become "everybody bring in food to share" day. Today there's donuts, bagels, three kinds of quickbread and two kinds of cookies. Now, I will admit that I've been using this as an excuse to clean out the flour and sugar and whatnot from my cupboard (I loved to bake, still do). However, today I overheard this exchange:

Co-worker 1: Getting another bagel, huh, Co-worker 2? *sees apparent lack of cream cheese on said bagel* Don't you like cream cheese?

Co-worker 2: No, not really. Too fattening.

I swear, if it weren't for this stupid dairy intolerance, I'd go and get a big ol' glob of cream cheese and eat it by itself.

yodiewan is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sudenveri View Post
    In my little corner of the cubicle-farm at work, Friday has become "everybody bring in food to share" day.
    Here Friday is ice-cream day. Everybody meets in the conference cube and has bowls of ice cream. Every Friday. Fortunately, it's people in another organization, so I don't feel awkward for declining to join (although I was invited).

Heidi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LJH View Post
    Not a chance. His whole approach to life is to seek out and embrace any and all things negative. If he got healthy and felt good there would be nothing to whine about 24/7 and then how could he mope around and feel sorry for himself? He's old, and old people are supposed to be tired & sick, right?

Am I exaggerating? Not even a little bit. That's why I don't waste my time trying. I'm sure his depression is also food-related but he doesn't want that to go away either.
    Gosh, my aunt was so much like that. She complained regularly about things from 30+ years ago. And if you said something positive, she'd be sure to put a negative spin on it. When she died a few years ago, I felt so bad that I hadn't visited her more often, but her negativity really was a downer and I couldn't handle too much of it.

Good luck with your situation. He could still change for the better when you least expect it.
    I'm retraining and strengthening my taste buds, one primal meal at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by yodiewan View Post
    Here Friday is ice-cream day. Everybody meets in the conference cube and has bowls of ice cream. Every Friday. Fortunately, it's people in another organization, so I don't feel awkward for declining to join (although I was invited).
    I bet the people who started that traditional justified it by saying, "Well, at least there's a little calcium and protein with ice cream. Better than Krispy Kreme, no?"

Quote Originally Posted by Sudenveri View Post
    In my little corner of the cubicle-farm at work, Friday has become "everybody bring in food to share" day. Today there's donuts, bagels, three kinds of quickbread and two kinds of cookies. Now, I will admit that I've been using this as an excuse to clean out the flour and sugar and whatnot from my cupboard (I loved to bake, still do). However, today I overheard this exchange:

Co-worker 1: Getting another bagel, huh, Co-worker 2? *sees apparent lack of cream cheese on said bagel* Don't you like cream cheese?

Co-worker 2: No, not really. Too fattening.

I swear, if it weren't for this stupid dairy intolerance, I'd go and get a big ol' glob of cream cheese and eat it by itself.
    For so many years I believed like your co-worker. Grr, all the lies we're fed!

amazonmagic is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by angorarabbit View Post
    Regarding a trip to France NEXT summer and my past pastry obsession...

DH: you know honey, since you've given up bread what are you going to do when we go to France? you won't be able to any croissants!

Me: are you kidding? if I make it to france I'm eating my way through every patisserie I can find. I'll be horribly miserable and bloated and gassy and pimply and probably drunk but you'll just have to deal with me.

DH: you'll be drunk?

Me: Well since I can only bring one bottle of wine back with me, I'll just have to drink all the wine when I'm there!

DH: So I'll be touring France with my fat, drunk and flatulent wife.

Me: Exactly!

DH: Now THERE'S the wife I married!

10 minutes later...

Me: Are you calling me a fat drunk?
    OH lord I can't stop laughing, FANTASTIC

DUDE. Seriously? Ok, someone (Co-Worker 2, in fact) ordered the humongo-thing of wings from a local chain that's really good (Wings Over [my city], if anyone's familiar). I got all excited when it suddenly arrived, because wings! Tasty wings! Not 100% primal, of course, but a reasonable 20% indulgence on a Friday.

And then they turned out to be those breaded boneless blob-things.

Feh.

Edit: And I realize this is not really a CW moment, but it's a follow-up to my previous post, so eh, here it is.
    Last edited by Sudenveri; 07-15-2011 at 09:40 AM.

seraphkat is offline Junior Member
    I finally joined the forum so that I could comment on this feed, since I already read it everyday for some good (twisted?) laughs.

So my CW moment came the other day at Whole Foods, where I often stop to get food from the salad bar or hot bar when I'm working late. I like that they list the ingredients on everything, and there's enough variety to find something to meet my dairy-free, gluten-free needs. I was a bit horrified the other day to see whole hard-boiled eggs in the salad bar, next to a container with just the whites of hard boiled eggs. Really? And what happened to all those beautiful yolks? I'm tempted to go ask one of the employees if they are throwing them out, and if they'd save me a few if they are... ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by seraphkat View Post
    I finally joined the forum so that I could comment on this feed, since I already read it everyday for some good (twisted?) laughs.

So my CW moment came the other day at Whole Foods, where I often stop to get food from the salad bar or hot bar when I'm working late. I like that they list the ingredients on everything, and there's enough variety to find something to meet my dairy-free, gluten-free needs. I was a bit horrified the other day to see whole hard-boiled eggs in the salad bar, next to a container with just the whites of hard boiled eggs. Really? And what happened to all those beautiful yolks? I'm tempted to go ask one of the employees if they are throwing them out, and if they'd save me a few if they are... ;-)
    To be fair, some people are allergic to just the yolks (like me).