Page 128 of 873 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130138178228628 ... LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 8729

Thread: Funny CW moments page 128

jesbelle is offline Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Good View Post
    McDonald's may be bad but hospital food is worse.
    Word. I'd eat McDonald's over hospital food any day. Just do it the Fat-Head way, and you'll be fine.
    "Fry cracked corn, and I don't care. Leela cracked corn, I still don't care. Bender cracked corn, and he is great! Take that you stupid corn." - Bender Bending Rodríguez

davem is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    It's not about eating crap and then popping a pill to make it better before the next round of crap food.

sigh
    ::facepalm:: seriously. I get bad migraines, some so bad that Zomig can't do a single thing for them. Since cutting grains by 80-90% and supplementing with magnesium when I remember, I've cut out my weekly migraine almost completely. I do get low grade headaches after eating grains or processed sugars, but I do that on so few occasions.

Not having to deal with those is like taking off painful shackles.
    My Fitday public journal.
    Me vs. Russian Boar, hunt is on Aug. 20th. WHAT'S MORE PRIMAL THAN THAT?!
    Recently survived Warrior Dash, New England.
    Game Developer, ex-Chef, long time Fatbody.

LJH
    LJH is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    It's not about eating crap and then popping a pill to make it better before the next round of crap food.

sigh
    Amen to that. My husband suffers almost nightly headaches, often has to bolt from the dinner table to the bathroom, cramps, stomach aches, fatigue, joint pain that wakes him up at night ... the list goes on.

I've given up suggesting food changes (they're met with hostility) so I make sure we're well stocked with aspirin, Pepto Bismol, Alka-Seltzer and Ben Gay. Makes perfect sense, right?

davem is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LJH View Post
    I've given up suggesting food changes (they're met with hostility) so I make sure we're well stocked with aspirin, Pepto Bismol, Alka-Seltzer and Ben Gay. Makes perfect sense, right?
    Been there, he'll figure it out eventually. Until then I'm buying stock in Pepto.
    My Fitday public journal.
    Me vs. Russian Boar, hunt is on Aug. 20th. WHAT'S MORE PRIMAL THAN THAT?!
    Recently survived Warrior Dash, New England.
    Game Developer, ex-Chef, long time Fatbody.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jesbelle View Post
    Word. I'd eat McDonald's over hospital food any day. Just do it the Fat-Head way, and you'll be fine.
    Oh, I don't know. I was pleasantly surprised by the hospital where I was waiting while my Dad was in surgery recently. (Big HMO) They had a nice salad bar and fruit and nuts and plain yogurt on offer at the cafeteria. It wasn't bad at all.

Heidi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LJH View Post
    Amen to that. My husband suffers almost nightly headaches, often has to bolt from the dinner table to the bathroom, cramps, stomach aches, fatigue, joint pain that wakes him up at night ... the list goes on.

Wow, you'd think with all that pain, he'd be happy to try going primal to get some relief. It's easy to get stuck in doing things a particular way, especially when most doctors would tell us to take the Pepto Bismol, aspirin, etc. before ever suggesting that we clean up our diet. Getting rid of my daily headaches and joint pain is why I was drawn to PB. I think it's the gluten that really gives my body trouble. Would your husband be willing to just try out a gluten-free diet for now?
    I'm retraining and strengthening my taste buds, one primal meal at a time.

ELizabeth826 is offline Senior Member
    I recently started seeing this rugby player and the other day while we were waiting for a movie he said he had a tough training session that day and was pretty hungry. He also mentioned that he does the whole eat-every-3-hours thing. So I commented that he’s lucky that he’s able to make some really delicious meals for himself because he has plenty of time in the day (he doesn't work a 9-5, he plays rugby full time, but for far less than 8 hours a day). And he said, “No, all my meals are really boring. Everything delicious is bad for you.” I asked him what he meant and he went with the usual low fat blah blah blah, so I said that fats are actually really important. He said “Well yeah, but only "good" fats and those are not the ones that taste good.” (Which, side note: avocados are generally accepted, even in CW, as “good” and they are fucking delicious. But whatever.) I told him that actually science doesn't back that up, and he said he had years of trial and error the does back it up. I decided to drop it because I realized that this was really not a discussion/argument I wanted to have with him yet. (Only been on a few dates and he is in pretty insane shape already and my experience has shown me that people who are getting results with a routine aren’t likely to change it regardless of the science.)

Then he ordered two hot dogs a Coke at the concession stand and laughed at me when I said I don’t drink soda.

Face, I’d like you to meet my friend Palm.
    Last edited by ELizabeth826; 07-14-2011 at 11:06 AM. Reason: typos
    No disease that can be treated by diet should be treated with any other means.
    -Maimonodies

Sudenveri is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by davem View Post
    I don't think a lot of people actually get the real CW, just the bs bastardizations that filter through a game of telephone from researchers, to dr. phil, to the ears of those who do not know better.
    BINGO, give that man a prize!

LJH
    LJH is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Heidi View Post
    Wow, you'd think with all that pain, he'd be happy to try going primal to get some relief. It's easy to get stuck in doing things a particular way, especially when most doctors would tell us to take the Pepto Bismol, aspirin, etc. before ever suggesting that we clean up our diet. Getting rid of my daily headaches and joint pain is why I was drawn to PB. I think it's the gluten that really gives my body trouble. Would your husband be willing to just try out a gluten-free diet for now?
    Not a chance. His whole approach to life is to seek out and embrace any and all things negative. If he got healthy and felt good there would be nothing to whine about 24/7 and then how could he mope around and feel sorry for himself? He's old, and old people are supposed to be tired & sick, right?

Am I exaggerating? Not even a little bit. That's why I don't waste my time trying. I'm sure his depression is also food-related but he doesn't want that to go away either.

jesbelle is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Oh, I don't know. I was pleasantly surprised by the hospital where I was waiting while my Dad was in surgery recently. (Big HMO) They had a nice salad bar and fruit and nuts and plain yogurt on offer at the cafeteria. It wasn't bad at all.
    Hmm, perhaps it makes all the difference in the world to be able to go down to the cafeteria. I've seen what's sent to my grandparents and parents when they were in recovery, and it is not food. It's beige and semi-solid to start and then as you progressed beige and solid. With a Jell-o cup on the side! My goal: avoid hospital visits as best I can.
    "Fry cracked corn, and I don't care. Leela cracked corn, I still don't care. Bender cracked corn, and he is great! Take that you stupid corn." - Bender Bending Rodríguez