Page 127 of 880 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137177227627 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 8800

Thread: Funny CW moments page 127

Jilk is offline Junior Member

Food comments from my coworkers

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    My coworkers deliver daily amusement.
    I work in an office with just 2 other people, both guys, late thirties, could both not care less about eating healthy food.
    They both get their lunches delivered, packed in aluminum boxes, every day at 10 am. The boxes are stored in a styrofoam box to keep them warm till lunchtime.
    The company we work for pays a share of those lunch costs, so they can't understand why I would not also order lunch like them. Because it looks all beige, that's why...

So every day at lunch, the contents of my tupperware containers are eyed suspiciously.

"Salad again?"
    "You could order the vegetarian option in a box, you know, if you insist on eating healthy stuff!"
    Next day I brought green beans and lamb. "That does not look slimming to me!"

(I have never stated to be "on a diet")

At least they haven't noticed yet that I put coconut milk in my coffee...

Silky is offline Senior Member
    Jilk, I Wonder why they are so obsessed with what you eat. It's almost as if their grey sludge is unsatisfactory.

freqz is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Silky View Post
    It's almost as if their grey sludge is unsatisfactory.
    I get that at the office...the guys that order triple rice at the hibachi place are the same ones that I catch staring longingly at my big ass salad salad in the breakroom fridge.

I about have everyone ordering like me at the steak place we frequent for lunch though (lunch portion fillet, lots of butter, and asparagus)-- so there might be some hope in there somewhere.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    "Breakfast will be provided for _____ attendees" at an 8 o'clock meeting we had Monday. "Breakfast" was pigs in a blanket and donuts. Both I and the woman with a dairy allergy took one look and decided that I wasn't hungry and she'd have her normal batch of oatmeal. I later caved and ate the sausage out of a pig in a blanket.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Antmuzic is offline Junior Member
    My local fishmonger makes Salmon patties with all of the fat that he scrapes of the skin and bones. Delicious!

(He also puts Panko in them unless you ask special - You can't win them all!)

-adam

Quote Originally Posted by honeypig View Post
    I saw fat-free salmon burgers in the store a few days ago--the perfect meat to go w/low-fat, low-cal avocados!

Tigerfeet is offline Senior Member
    This isn't funny, and it breaks my heart:

A coworker was injured quite badly in a car accident over the weekend. An e-mail went around with a list of things to give the family. The number one suggested item is McDonald's gift cards. That's bad enough, but it's number one because there's a McDonald's IN THE HOSPITAL.

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigerfeet View Post
    This isn't funny, and it breaks my heart:

A coworker was injured quite badly in a car accident over the weekend. An e-mail went around with a list of things to give the family. The number one suggested item is McDonald's gift cards. That's bad enough, but it's number one because there's a McDonald's IN THE HOSPITAL.
    McDonald's may be bad but hospital food is worse.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    My good friend, the one who is overweight and eats the 100-calorie packs of cookies and chips, had another migraine yesterday. I was explaining the day before about how I supplemented with a little extra magnesium to lessen the frequency and severity of mine.

So I guess yesterday's was pretty bad, and she sent me a text asking where she could get some magnesium because Aleve wasn't working on this one.

Yeah, well, as much as I feel her pain (I have one as I type, but not as severe as I used to get), that's not how it works. Actually, that's not how things in general work. It's eating good, quality food (as opposed to packaged crap) and tweaking the extras a bit when you find you're lacking.

It's not about eating crap and then popping a pill to make it better before the next round of crap food.

sigh
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    I emailed dd's camp director to be sure it would be alright for her to bring beef jerky to supplement her meals with extra protein.

CD: Oh, rest assured we feed the girls a well balanced meal and each meal has plenty of protein. [Ed. note: that was a direct quote] Here, I'll email the menu!
    Me: Thanks, that's GREAT!
    ... reading menu ...
    "pizza" "grilled cheese sandwiches" "potato bar with chili (optional)" "hot dog bar" "nightly snack: brownies/cookies w/ milk" "*PB & J will be an option at any meal"
    :headdesk:

At least they offer eggs & sausage every morning. Time to start making jerky for the rest...
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

davem is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gojirama View Post
    My husband said no because, and I quote, "I would starve all the gluten eating bacteria in my gut so I could never eat it again" .
    I told that one to my fiancee while she was heading out to work, she asked me to say it one more time, then she laughed, shook her head and walked right out the door without another word.

She has a PhD in Cell Biology and works daily with bacteria. She creates CW on the daily, I don't think a lot of people actually get the real CW, just the bs bastardizations that filter through a game of telephone from researchers, to dr. phil, to the ears of those who do not know better.
    My Fitday public journal.
    Me vs. Russian Boar, hunt is on Aug. 20th. WHAT'S MORE PRIMAL THAN THAT?!
    Recently survived Warrior Dash, New England.
    Game Developer, ex-Chef, long time Fatbody.