Page 125 of 900 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135175225625 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 8997

Thread: Funny CW moments page 125

Lukys is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Diana Renata View Post
    My mom made these cute tiny sandwiches for my dad and I.
    My dad and me.

Anyway, there are too many CW moments every day to even count. One of the best has to be the wiping fat from pizzas because it's 'unhealthy'.

PCwizCube is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukys View Post
    Anyway, there are too many CW moments every day to even count. One of the best has to be the wiping fat from pizzas because it's 'unhealthy'.
    Well for a pizza it kind of makes sense, even for Primals. Because I think pizza usually has vegetable/soybean/corn oil in them? Correct me if I'm mistaken. And I think they're heated to really high temperatures so all that bad oil is probably rancid and messed up anyway.

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PCwizCube View Post
    Well for a pizza it kind of makes sense, even for Primals. Because I think pizza usually has vegetable/soybean/corn oil in them? Correct me if I'm mistaken. And I think they're heated to really high temperatures so all that bad oil is probably rancid and messed up anyway.
    Blasphemy. REAL Neapolitan pizza doesn't have ANY oil in the crust. It's just flour, water, yeast and salt. The good stuff where you'll find ovens firing at 800-1000 degrees shouldn't have a drop of oil in the crust. You may find some places that put oil in the crust for elasticity or they cut the doughs individually and keep them in an oiled container so the doughs don't stick, but it SHOULD be olive oil. It wouldn't surprise me if the cheap inner-city places with crappy belt-driven ovens use vegetable oil instead of olive oil due to the cost of bottom-barrel junk pizza, but no one should be buying pizza from these guys anyway. If you're going to indulge in pizza, get it from a decent place and the only oil you should ever come into contact with is small amounts of olive oil - if ANY.

God, I can't wait until I reach my goal. I haven't decided if I'm going to celebrate with the "entire pizza challenge" with a homemade sourdough pizza crust or the "cheesecake challenge" a la Martin Berkhan. I may do both.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Well, the fat on top of a pizza -- the stuff you can actually blot up -- is usually from the cheese, eh?
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Shawn Mihalik is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Well, the fat on top of a pizza -- the stuff you can actually blot up -- is usually from the cheese, eh?
    Yeah, and the meat.

Shawn Mihalik is offline Member
    The vet just said I have to stop feeding my dog eggs, chicken, meat, and veggies, because if dogs eat stuff like that, they could die. Question: what do wild dogs (wolves, etc.) eat? Grain-based commercial dog food, apparently?

Monty is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Mihalik View Post
    The vet just said I have to stop feeding my dog eggs, chicken, meat, and veggies, because if dogs eat stuff like that, they could die. Question: what do wild dogs (wolves, etc.) eat? Grain-based commercial dog food, apparently?
    We had to switch our 4 year old black lab to a grain-free dog food cause he started haveing seizures. Vet said this is normal. I said bull shit. He's been grain-free (except what the kids throw him) for 6 months, after 2 months of having seizures. No seizures yet where he would have at least one every two weeks before the switch.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member

For when a facepalm is not enough, but a headdesk is too much.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Uh, sounds like it's time to find new vets.

I probably feed my rabbits more veggies than anyone recommends, but I'm not convinced anyone makes a true "complete" food for any small animal. Dogs and cats at least have better options. They pretty much share what veggies I eat, provided it's on the approved list, which is darn near anything. The vet doesn't seem to have a problem, but they don't seem to know much at all or sell any rabbit food.

Same goes for the rats, but they at least can have a little meat for treats.

Seaglassgreen is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I told my bosses about Primal, because they were looking for a new WOE. They went vegan instead. :P :P :P

Goal: Feel good, be active!