Page 124 of 880 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134174224624 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 8800

Thread: Funny CW moments page 124

kaylakala is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Okay I've bene income. My daughter was NOT heavy until she started with the free lunch and breakfast. fruit pies for breakfast are you kidding me?!?! sugar and bad fats.
    Plus the gallons of free juice on the WIC women infants and children.
    It is better than not eating I do have to say! I've had times when I've had to get food from food closets. It's all carbs with maybe 1 whole chicken or meat suprise if you're lucky.
    I do my best to make things stretch so she can eat better. Got a scholarship to a gym. cut out sugars. She is 11 5ft tall and 160 lbs. Started her on atkins in april her choice she lost 20 lbs. Went with her dad on a 2 week trip and ate fast food the whole time and gained most of it back. Her dad my ex says that low carb is bad for her?!?!? UMMMM okay yeah right.
    Edit to say we are now primal as we can be.

gojirama is offline Senior Member
    Yesterday I asked my family if they would do a 30 day paleo challange for me, then see how they felt adding gluten back in. My husband said no because, and I quote, "I would starve all the gluten eating bacteria in my gut so I could never eat it again" . Oh my. That's just one for Fake Science.
    Last edited by gojirama; 07-10-2011 at 02:52 PM.
    I blog :http://raisinggodzillas.blogspot.com/
    Like me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/...17134571662261
    "We have all the food groups- meat and chocolate".

Heidi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by abstractpersona View Post
    Double funny: the parents said that the kids could only eat extra vegetables if they finish their boxed mac & cheese.
    The kids didn't want to eat the mac & cheese, but they kept asking for more vegetables.
    Poor things :-(
    Oh my gosh, I've done that with my kids! It's because my kids are forever hungry and I know the vegetables won't fill them up for long, so I make them eat the more calorie-dense foods first. On my defense, it was gluten-free mac & cheese. LOL

Heidi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gojirama View Post
    Yesterday I asked my family if they would do a 30 day paleo challange for me, then see how they felt adding gluten back in. My husband said no because, and I quote, "I would starve all the gluten eating bacteria in my gut so I could never eat it again" . Oh my. That's just one for Fake Science.
    This is what my MIL says too. She thinks I'm going to give myself an allergy to gluten by not eating gluten-containing foods. I'm still pretty new to all this paleo and PB stuff, so I got a little worried. I still have a lot of learning to do.

Mud Flinger is online now Senior Member
    I hosted "Mom's Night Out" for our play group last night - so it's just the Moms w/o the kids. One Mom is always bringing these mini cupcakes to all the play dates and brings them again last night. She then states that she doesn't allow these treats at home and only brings them to play dates. Umm, if you don't want your kid eating this crap, why do you make it and then bring it around for everyone elses kids to eat??? Then I discover that my teenager ate like a dozen of them while we were down in the pool and hot tub - grrrrrr.

moonablaze is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Heidi View Post
    This is what my MIL says too. She thinks I'm going to give myself an allergy to gluten by not eating gluten-containing foods. I'm still pretty new to all this paleo and PB stuff, so I got a little worried. I still have a lot of learning to do.
    allergies form by repeated exposure, not by absence (thats why people with severe allergies get worse with each exposure). what you can do is DISCOVER a latent intolerance by removing something from your diet, allowing the body to heal and then reintroducing, allowing yourself to NOTICE the previously unnoticeable problem.

Shawn Mihalik is offline Member
    I went out to dinner with a few friends tonight (I had a 16 oz ribeye, asparagus, and zucchini -- delicious!). One of my friends orders a turkey burger with no bun and a baked potato with butter and sour cream. Not too bad by Primal standards, except for the potato. Needless to say, I was proud of him. Then he turns to me and says, "See, I'm trying to be healthy like you. I didn't get a bun, and I got turkey instead of beef. Oh, but I guess I ruined all the healthfulness by getting the butter and sour cream."

Sigh...

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Mihalik View Post
    I went out to dinner with a few friends tonight (I had a 16 oz ribeye, asparagus, and zucchini -- delicious!). One of my friends orders a turkey burger with no bun and a baked potato with butter and sour cream. Not too bad by Primal standards, except for the potato. Needless to say, I was proud of him. Then he turns to me and says, "See, I'm trying to be healthy like you. I didn't get a bun, and I got turkey instead of beef. Oh, but I guess I ruined all the healthfulness by getting the butter and sour cream."

Sigh...
    At least he's trying. Don't beat him up. Point him in the right direction.

P.S. - there is nothing wrong with a potato. They're totally primal and won't hurt you. Starch is very important when trying to get into single digit body fat. I've eaten 800g of carbs in the past 72 hours and it's helping me lose a pound of body fat a week. Next weekend I want a turkey burger and fries
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

abstractpersona is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Heidi View Post
    Oh my gosh, I've done that with my kids! It's because my kids are forever hungry and I know the vegetables won't fill them up for long, so I make them eat the more calorie-dense foods first. On my defense, it was gluten-free mac & cheese. LOL
    Hehe, I guess it's the same way people stuff themselves with pasta or rice, or flour snacks, and wonder why they're still hungry.
    The kiddos wouldn't be hungry if they ate protein and fat ;-D
    My smartphone makes me about $100 per month
    Updating my journal again after a 2 year break.

moonablaze is offline Senior Member
    "95% of Americans don't get enough whole grains"