Page 123 of 872 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133173223623 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 8718

Thread: Funny CW moments page 123

Sudenveri is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by abstractpersona View Post
    So? Does that mean they can have lots of sugar? Sure, why not; then they can kill themselves faster with a big insulin shot. Hurray!
    If anything, they should be more careful.
    Uh...how on earth did you get that out of what I said? No one is suggesting that diabetic kids drink soda - but the original post is only funny if the item being sold is a direct cause of the disease it's being sold to raise money for. It's the difference between selling chewing tobacco for lung cancer and selling cigarettes for lung cancer.

troutbum is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sudenveri View Post
    "Juvenile diabetes" is another term for type 1, which is inborn; not really that ironic.
    ahh, I see...

abstractpersona is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sudenveri View Post
    Uh...how on earth did you get that out of what I said? No one is suggesting that diabetic kids drink soda - but the original post is only funny if the item being sold is a direct cause of the disease it's being sold to raise money for. It's the difference between selling chewing tobacco for lung cancer and selling cigarettes for lung cancer.
    No, no no, I know what you meant, I 'get' irony.
    It just makes me sad either way. I would imagine people who already have type 1 would attend these events, you know, like anti-cancer events are highly popular with those who have suffered from cancer, or families who lost someone to cancer.
    I would even go as far to think that parents of children with type 1 diabetes would encourage such children to be at those events.
    So I think the food would be more appropriate to someone with type 1 diabetes.

Just depends how you look at it.
    My smartphone makes me about $100 per month
    Updating my journal again after a 2 year break.

Sudenveri is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by abstractpersona View Post
    No, no no, I know what you meant, I 'get' irony.
    It just makes me sad either way. I would imagine people who already have type 1 would attend these events, you know, like anti-cancer events are highly popular with those who have suffered from cancer, or families who lost someone to cancer.
    I would even go as far to think that parents of children with type 1 diabetes would encourage such children to be at those events.
    So I think the food would be more appropriate to someone with type 1 diabetes.

Just depends how you look at it.
    Ah, I get ya. Yeah, I agree it's a sad state of affairs.

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Mom: You should eat something.
    Me: We've been over this. I eat twice a day.
    Mom: But it's not healthy!
    Me: How so?
    Mom: It just isn't!
    Me: How's the ice cream?
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Velocity is offline Senior Member
    I still can't come to grips with the defeatist mindset that so many people have these days, especially with regard to exercise. Case in point: I was out yesterday afternoon doing sprints. Keep in mind, it's Miami, it was sunny (for the first time in a few days...), warm and a bit humid. It's also my favorite time to do sprints... exactly for that reason. I tend to use the same location -- an open field area close to my house, and there will be a couple people here and there who come out during the day to hit golf balls. Never use a driver, mind you, because of the well-traveled roads that border two sides of the field.

But I tend to be on the field at the same time as one other man, 54 years of age. He scratches his head at how I can do the training I do, at the time of day I do it. He asked me this, and I told him it's the best time (in my opinion) because if you can handle Miami heat/humidity with sprints, it's a huge help conditioning-wise. He asked my age (22), and replied with saying that he's 54 and pretty much said there's no way he can do that stuff. Yeah, he has a bit of a gut.

The problem is... yes, you can do that stuff. Once you reach 40-50 doesn't mean you "can't" do things like sprint for conditioning in heat/humidity, or train for strength/hypertrophy, etc. You may not be able to progress quite as quickly as younger people, but it can still be done. Why the defeatist mindset? Ugh...
    Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
    -- Blaise Pascal

ChaserBD04 is offline Senior Member
    I haven't been primal for too long, but I did recently start dating a guy who has a six year old son. My first CW head desk moment came last weekend when, for breakfast, he made his kid a huge pancake and eggs (the eggs were really because of me in fact). The kid asked if he could have syrup and butter on his pancake, bf replies, "Syrup AND butter, are you kidding me?" *proceeds to pour syrup on the pancake*.... headdesk. haha I don't claim to be in position to tell anyone what to feed their kids, and his is a healthy and active one for all intents and purposes, but it was kinda funny.
    ~All luck is earned in the end.~

Enilegna/hearts is offline Senior Member
    We went to the supermarket today, and my dad and I were buying meat, chicken etc. He asked me what choice I wanted and I told him the local one. I mentioned that most of the supermarket meat from US is processed under less than sanitary facilities, to which he said "yeah, it's like eating they're (the cows) crap, but if the fda approved it, it's good." I think he meant that the fda goes to those factories and only approves the meat that passes their requirements. Still, I was like wtf...

Aly
    Aly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ottercat View Post
    Our town has a lunch program for low-income kids. Their healthy lunch is deep fried tater tots, deep fried chicken patty on a white bun, canned pears, and low fat milk. Apparently this is healthy according to USDA guidelines. *headdesk*
    How is this even healthy according to CW? Doesn't thy discourage "deep fried" stuff and prefer "whole grain" bread over white bread? Eh, whatever. The low-income kids probably need some fat on their bones anyway.

OperaDivaMom is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aly View Post
    How is this even healthy according to CW? Doesn't thy discourage "deep fried" stuff and prefer "whole grain" bread over white bread? Eh, whatever. The low-income kids probably need some fat on their bones anyway.
    No, they don't. I worked in a low income school for a year, and had lunch duty every day (ugh), so I got to see firsthand which kids ate what. The majority of them just ate chips or cheetos or whatever, some of them ate the crappy provided lunch that was basically all carbs. Nearly every kid on that campus except the hardcore athletes or the genetically blessed few had some belly pudge, some of them more than a little. Most of them were far taller/bigger than they should have been (growth hormones in the meat/milk?), and most of them had behavioral issues or ADD type stuff going on. You can't tell me their diet didn't contribute to that at all.