Page 12 of 869 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112512 ... LastLast

Thread: Funny CW moments page 12

maba is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

I visited some food blogs recently that I used to frequent earlier and many of them claim to be health blogs and they have recipes for whole-grain this and whole grain that, replacing AP flour w/ whole grain flour etc, making cakes sans eggs or butter... I feel really bad because they ARE trying in earnest to eat healthy. But sadly their definition of healthy is as defined by the USDA. In some cases, a perfectly healthy recipe like a coconut-based dip is made "healthy" by subbing the coconut with tofu. I'm sure if they knew what is healthy, they'd all change but imagine their reaction if one were to tell them fats are good.

MariaNYC is offline Senior Member

Can I just say I love this thread? So funny and so sad at the same time!

I've had plenty of funny CW moments, but one that often recurs is not-so-funny. Whenever I go out to brunch with friends, I usually go for an omelet or eggs with breakfast meat. These things always come with toast on the side, and I am usually asked what KIND of toast I want. I say "no toast, please" and then one of my friends invariably chimes in "I'll take your toast!" And it kind of makes me feel badly, but what can I do? They know about my lifestyle and have seen the changes in my body first hand. Live by example, that is all.

Keep the stories coming, all!!

Everything in moderation, including moderation.

maba is offline Senior Member

Another misconception that is pervasive among the Indians is that wheat is a healthier option than rice. When any of them is diagnosed with heart disease, diabetes, hypertension or just wants to start eating ealthy, the first thing they do is ditch rice and start eating wheat.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member

Talking with people about diet invariably leads them to spout the cliched "well, everything in moderation," or "it's important to eat a balanced diet." Hold on a minute, here. Do you even know what you're talking about when you talk about balance? Can you explain how 50 grams of (non-saturated) fat and 400 grams of carbohydrates per day is balanced? How a deck-of-cards sized hunk of meat is balanced with 11 servings of breads and cereals? Ironically a diet "balanced" in terms of macronutrients would be almost right on track: 100 grams of carbs, protein, and fat. Sounds all right to me.

Next time that comes up I will try to remember to say that instead of being polite and respectful.

You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

mrd232 is offline Junior Member

I ditched my membership to any online nutrition forums. It's seriously not worth arguing with people. Why have that stress in my life? I hope, though, that in some of my conversations I'm able to convince some people to add some wholesome animal fat and Omega 3's to their agenda, though. If anything, it's a step in the right direction.

There are truly only a few forums I've found that seem to have a grasp on nutrition. This in one place. Crossfit is another, for the most part. There's a couple others.

I enjoy how CW turns an average person into "instant cardiologist" the second you tell them you enjoyed a breakfast of steak and eggs. Dudes, there's a reason it's called a "Warrior Breakfast" and your giant sugar muffin is NOT.

Eh, anymore if anyone comments on my weight loss I just feel like holding up a sign that reads "BODY BY BACON."

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

Mega-LOL!

rphlslv is offline Senior Member

CW... the reason why I don't want to major in Nutrition.

.`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

MariaNYC is offline Senior Member

mrd - Body by bacon!! omg i love it!! hahaha

PrimalChild -- that is a great point about the "balance" argument. ppl always say stupid things like that! when they find out i eat low-carb, it&#39;s all you can&#39;t cut out a whole "food" group. blegh. think i&#39;ll bring up the 100g of each argument next time, too

Everything in moderation, including moderation.

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member

I just got accused of being a, "vampire" by my buddies. Every time they get together, it&#39;s all about carbs, and I&#39;m not hungry...

I think I like this :-D

misathemeb is offline Member

this entire week at work, i&#39;ve sat back and watched people shovel crap into their mouths. i&#39;ve brought lunch daily because these were the options: delivery pizza, potato chips, pretzels, cookies. not a veggie tray in sight or even a piece of fruit for crying out loud! i was the only person in the room who didn&#39;t eat that stuff :/