Page 119 of 880 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129169219619 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 8800

Thread: Funny CW moments page 119

Aly
    Aly is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    My friend Kim and I started on diets the same week: me on the PB, her on CW.
    -a month and a half later-
    Kim: I've lost 3 pounds. You?
    Me: 14.
    Kim: It's probably water weight. There's no way you could lose 14 pounds in a month and a half with only light exercise.
    Me: lol.

Mike in Virginia is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aly View Post
    My friend Kim and I started on diets the same week: me on the PB, her on CW.
    -a month and a half later-
    Kim: I've lost 3 pounds. You?
    Me: 14.
    Kim: It's probably water weight. There's no way you could lose 14 pounds in a month and a half with only light exercise.
    Me: lol.
    omg, Aly. Hope that Kim learns from your experience and goes primal.

I lost 13 pounds in a little over 2 weeks after going primal. And it was fat, not water. Keep up the good work, no matter what Kim does or says.
    Live your life and love your life. It's the only one you get.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Today a cousin of my husband was asking me how I lost so much weight so fast. I told her that I don't eat sugar, grains or processed junk. We were at a celebratory luncheon for an uncle's 50th anniverary as a Catholic Missionary. They served croissants with the meal. After lunch she grinned and said, " Not to rub it in, but the croissant was delicious." I responded "Enjoy, but it's basically poison in a pretty package" We both laughed.

I get a lot of teasing of this type, but everyone is really happy to see me so healthy.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

moonablaze is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    T After lunch she grinned and said, " Not to rub it in, but the croissant was delicious." I responded "Enjoy, but it's basically poison in a pretty package" We both laughed.
    I have been getting this pretty much constantly since I realized I am gluten intolerant. My boyfriend always feels bad when he goes "ooh the bread is warm!" but I'll try your response next time. (I try to think it but I've never said it)

onalark is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    I get a lot of teasing of this type, but everyone is really happy to see me so healthy.
    Not dissimilar to the teasing I got when I was vegan. The worst offenders would ask if I wanted a slice of {INSERT MEATY ITEM HERE}, "pretending" they "forgot" that I was vegetarian. It always made me want to slap them around a little, but I would just remind them I didn't eat X and Y and life would go on.

Of course, they're still doing it, just with bread now. "Sure you don't want this sandwich?" No, really, I don't.

Veganism may not have been good for me health-wise, but it did help two things: how to live without cheese, and how to put up with the passive aggressive food bullshit of others.

Bushrat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by onalark View Post
    Not dissimilar to the teasing I got when I was vegan. The worst offenders would ask if I wanted a slice of {INSERT MEATY ITEM HERE}, "pretending" they "forgot" that I was vegetarian. It always made me want to slap them around a little, but I would just remind them I didn't eat X and Y and life would go on.

Of course, they're still doing it, just with bread now. "Sure you don't want this sandwich?" No, really, I don't.

Veganism may not have been good for me health-wise, but it did help two things: how to live without cheese, and how to put up with the passive aggressive food bullshit of others.
    Say "yes" to the sandwich then throw the bread away and eat the meat and salad.
    A steak a day keeps the doctor away

onalark is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushrat View Post
    Say "yes" to the sandwich then throw the bread away and eat the meat and salad.
    I would have if I hadn't been grilling a 12 oz steak that day.

Maybe that's what it was. STEAK ENVY.

EricS is offline Member
    besides its not the flour in the croissant that's good its all the butter.

beachrat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EricS View Post
    besides its not the flour in the croissant that's good its all the butter.
    +1 Agreed!
    "If man made it, don't eat it." ..Jack LaLanne
    "It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart you are.
    If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong." ..Richard Feynman

beachrat's primal journal

Aly
    Aly is offline Senior Member
    The day I took my SAT, I had been on the diet for about three weeks. That morning, my dad stopped at Chick-fil-a for breakfast (it's basically the best southern food in the world--just mostly un-primal. ), where I usually get the chargrilled chicken salad, which is almost the only thing primal on the menu.
    Dad: I'm going to encourage you to break your diet this morning. Science has proven that grains are a 'brain food' and I want you to do your best.
    I ended up getting the salad and getting a 2140 on the SAT. For those that don't know, that's really, really good.