Page 117 of 881 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127167217617 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 8801

Thread: Funny CW moments page 117

jandge is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Yeah, it was bags. When my mom talked to him yesterday - she kept mentioning "diet and exercise." That's a bit of a funny moment, that she didn't even know she was regurgitating CW wisdom.

I was flipping out quietly next to her, and she did a head slap 'cause she noticed what she was saying. She did get a mention of eating paleo (even though she meant PB) and our results, before anyone had come to talk to him about nutrition. Which is good, at least there's a foot in the door now. If things turn out well for him and he doesn't fight it, there's def going to be a major success story in the future for him and his family.

Or he'll go home and have diabetes and start regulating his BG with insulin. Who knows.
    Last edited by jandge; 06-18-2011 at 02:59 PM.

Do yourself a favor and become your own savior.
    Congenital Hypothyroid
    CW: 225lbs SW: 245lbs

Mike in Virginia is offline Senior Member
    I was telling a friend today that I would be grilling my first grass-fed steak tonight, and observing how great that natural meat would taste. The response was, "Marinate it in Wishbone Italian dressing first, and it will taste even better." Arrrrgggghhhh

btw, I did manage to grill the steak between rain showers and it was superb. And no, I didn't include the dressing.

jspradley is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike in Virginia View Post
    I was telling a friend today that I would be grilling my first grass-fed steak tonight, and observing how great that natural meat would taste. The response was, "Marinate it in Wishbone Italian dressing first, and it will taste even better." Arrrrgggghhhh

btw, I did manage to grill the steak between rain showers and it was superb. And no, I didn't include the dressing.
    I die a little bit inside every time someone tells me to marinade meat in italian dressing

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jspradley View Post
    marinade meat in italian dressing
    This is a thing, now? WTF...

I guess maybe if it were sub-quality meat and REAL italian dressing -- you know, oil, vinegar, and spices... then it could work. But vinegar?

pfair143 is offline Member
    jange Maybe it's called Funny CW Moments because you have to laugh to keep from crying.

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    i think it's advertised right on the bottle.

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    has been for 40 some odd years.

People are lazy and refuse to simply crush some garlic and salt and pepper together with some lemon zest and put that in a pat of butter on top of their steaks.... hmmm i will be back in a minute...
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

onalark is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post

I guess maybe if it were sub-quality meat and REAL italian dressing -- you know, oil, vinegar, and spices... then it could work. But vinegar?
    We used to do it with cube steaks when I was a kid. Nowadays, I'd just make my own marinade. (Cube steak IS pretty tough.)

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post

If you have crappy quality meat, vinegar can help tenderize it. Good meat doesn't need it.

Quote Originally Posted by jspradley View Post
    I die a little bit inside every time someone tells me to marinade meat in italian dressing
    Red meat, no way. But I marinate chicken in home-made Italian dressing all the time.
    My blog, The Overflowing Pantry

Primal-esque since Feb 2010
    100% Primal since May 2011 (again)