Page 116 of 872 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126166216616 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 8718

Thread: Funny CW moments page 116

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Yes, it looks like your jaw line has become much more defined.
    I'm definitely keeping you guys around!

Thanks!
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OperaDivaMom View Post
    When I first told my MIL that I wasn't eating wheat anymore and didn't want DS to eat wheat either, she asked if he could have a piece of bread, since it was just made with white flour, not wheat. Um, what exactly do people think white flour is made of???
    "I don't know, but it's not wheat."

Celiacs don't go to that restaurant in Austin...
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    So I got all excited when I heard about this organization, "White Out"
    WhiteOut | Facebook

The doctor argues against white rice cereal for babies and declares, "Fight obesity -- let baby's first food be a real food!"

But what is the "real food" he's advocating? Whole grain rice cereal. FAIL
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

jandge is offline Senior Member
    My cousin was admitted through the ER because his fasted blood sugar was over 600. He's in the hospital and called my mom this morning (she's been diabetic for 23 years) and got all sad about not eating his multiple bags of Werther's candies every day.

This isn't worth on entire thread, but I didn't know where else to put it. Maybe there needs to be a really really sad CW moments thread.
    Last edited by jandge; 06-17-2011 at 03:13 PM.

Do yourself a favor and become your own savior.
    Congenital Hypothyroid
    CW: 225lbs SW: 245lbs

onalark is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    Oh! Where did you get the recipe???

One of the reasons I fell in love my The Boyfriend was his incredible biscuits and sausage gravy, and I've really been missing it!
    Hey Rita! Robb Wolf's site. The biscuits were a little denser than flour-based ones, but the gravy was yum.

Note the cook's note. Don't use dairy with the gravy, because arrowroot and dairy do not play well. I don't know how true this is, but I didn't want to mess up my breakfast by subbing cream for the coconut milk, so I trusted the recipe and used coconut milk. Turned out great! Especially with an assertive breakfast sausage.

The Paleo Table: Biscuits & Gravy

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by onalark View Post
    Hey Rita! Robb Wolf's site. The biscuits were a little denser than flour-based ones, but the gravy was yum.

Note the cook's note. Don't use dairy with the gravy, because arrowroot and dairy do not play well. I don't know how true this is, but I didn't want to mess up my breakfast by subbing cream for the coconut milk, so I trusted the recipe and used coconut milk. Turned out great! Especially with an assertive breakfast sausage.

The Paleo Table: Biscuits & Gravy
    Great! Thanks!

It's really hard to give up something like biscuits and gravy, and even harder when there's a sentimental connection to it. I have one of those amazing boyfriends that actually enjoys doing things that make me happy, and I'd love to keep him happy too!
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Saoirse is online now Senior Member
    omg, several BAGS?? oh dear. though i swear there's something addictive in those candies. i haven't had one in years and i still have to think twice when i see them.

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jandge View Post
    My cousin was admitted through the ER because his fasted blood sugar was over 600. He's in the hospital and called my mom this morning (she's been diabetic for 23 years) and got all sad about not eating his multiple bags of Werther's candies every day.

This isn't worth on entire thread, but I didn't know where else to put it. Maybe there needs to be a really really sad CW moments thread.
    Eek. That's way beyond CW. I don't think anyone in the world would recommend that one. It's so sad that people do this to themselves
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

sapphire_chan is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    Eek. That's way beyond CW. I don't think anyone in the world would recommend that one. It's so sad that people do this to themselves
    I think there's a future CW story in there though. Odds are once he's in the recovery stages (may it be soon for the sake of jandge and family) the hospital'll be feeding the cousin a high carb, low fat diet, y'know to help cure the, um, carb overdose?

Or the cousin'll get back home a-okay and then try to tell jandge that it isn't healthy to eat two eggs at once.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    wait wait wait, are you my friend sapphire_chan from over there? where things are going nuts these days? good to see you.