Page 112 of 879 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122162212612 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 8788

Thread: Funny CW moments page 112

CoyoteVick is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    "The Egyptians ate more fruit and vegetables and less meat than we do and their meat was leaner. They also led a more active lifestyle and were not thought to have smoked. Given that they developed atherosclerosis anyway, Thomas said, it becomes even more important to take measures to forestall development of the disease as long as possible, including stopping smoking, eating less red meat and losing weight."

logical conclusion FAIL.

Unicorn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    I work for a medicare endorced DME and you should see all the diabetics that work here eating crap. You'd think they'd learn. Apparently they don't. Irony abounds.
    My hospital routinely has bake sales for Breast Cancer Alliance, American Heart Disease Assoc., etc. Ah, the irony....

Daria is offline Member
    First of all this thread is awesome.

Now for a story from work today. They've started up this little "competition" where we break up into teams, wear a pedometer everyday, and try to reach a goal for miles walked. OK so far a good thing, we all need to walk more and we know Mark endorses the slow pace over chronic cardio. They give us a little package with some information inside, one of the handouts is on nutrition. As you can guess, it instructs us to avoid butter, cheese and whole milk and even guacamole. It tells us to eat whole grains and salads with low fat dressing. Sigh....
    Then another handout on the "dangers of the sun" which actually states "there is no such thing as a safe healthy tan!"
    For some reason there was a protein bar included in the package which includes peanuts, peanut oil and soy. Well they got the protein part right anyway.

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Just what we've always needed -- apples soaked in artificial grape flavor!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grāpple
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

onalark is offline Senior Member
    Walking through the supermarket, I took a quick trip into the frozen aisle. One freezer door was marked with a big vinyl sticker that said "NATURAL FOODS!" What was inside that freezer? Morning Star "burgers", Quorn, Gardein franken-"meats".

There is nothing "natural" about foods cobbled together with fillers and additives and meant to mimic chicken, beef, and pork. But apparently, if it's vegetarian it's "natural" around here.
    Last edited by onalark; 06-12-2011 at 05:29 PM.

ElaineC is offline Senior Member
    I braved Costco today, needing to stock up on a few things. My cousin asked if I could find out whether they stocked a certain type of turkey bacon that her family really likes, so I said sure. I walked up and down the aisles, couldn't spot it, so I asked one of the workers there. They pointed me to the vegetarian section, saying that's where they kept foods like that.

Uh huh. K thx bye.

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ElaineC View Post
    I braved Costco today, needing to stock up on a few things. My cousin asked if I could find out whether they stocked a certain type of turkey bacon that her family really likes, so I said sure. I walked up and down the aisles, couldn't spot it, so I asked one of the workers there. They pointed me to the vegetarian section, saying that's where they kept foods like that.

Uh huh. K thx bye.

That is hilarious. Mainly because I think of vegetarian foods as being that frankenshit that vegetarians eat because they want meat but wont eat it - meat substitutes, tofu, and the like. Turkey bacon fits in that category for me. It's bacon for people who want bacon but for some reason wont eat the real thing. (and sure there might be a good reason for it, but the point stands).
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    I was in a store a few days ago and saw this book:

Crazy Plates: Low-Fat Food So Good You'll Swear It's Bad For You!

...and it probably is.

Amazon.com: Crazy Plates: Low-Fat Food So Good, You'll Swear It's Bad for You! (9780399525841): Janet Podleski, Greta Podleski: Books
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ElaineC View Post

Uh huh. K thx bye.
    I have said it before and i will say it again

Turkeys dont HAVE bellies
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

moonablaze is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by quelsen View Post
    I have said it before and i will say it again

Turkeys dont HAVE bellies
    yup, I can kinda understand beef bacon for the religious non-pork-eaters. but turkey? turkeys are for basting in butter and roasting.