Page 111 of 879 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121161211611 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 8788

Thread: Funny CW moments page 111

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    A good friend of mine claims to be allergic to pretty much everything under the sun. Gluten, soy, casein, olives (which we recently proved to him that he wasn't allergic to olives), nitrates, sulfates, citric acid, spinach, chocolate, the list goes on. I don't mind working around true allergies, I really don't. I do mind working around an allergy that he thinks he has because he ate something containing it and got a headache afterward.
    He ate pepper poppers whenever he could find them until he got a headache after he ate a certain kind of cheese. Rather than try to find the true cause of the headache (the mold in the cheese, lack of sleep, etc), he swears off ALL dairy. He determined all his allergies (with the exception of gluten and soy) this oh so scientific way. I swear to god, one of these days I'll slip every single one of these so- called allergens (excepting the soy, gluten, and chocolate) into a meal and watch him freak the fuck out when he realizes he doesn't have them.

Rant over, I just get tired of having to alter my cooking for his lazy ass.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

hazmat is offline Senior Member
    Brother in law eats wheat with every meal. Bagel for breakfast, sandwich for lunch, breaded chicken and pasta with dinner. Usually has ice cream for dessert. He's gained a lot of weight and said his girlfriend has kind of told him if he doesn't lose it she doesn't want to be with him.

I asked him what he's been doing. He said well instead of a bagel for breakfast he has an eggo. For lunch he gets whole wheat bread sandwich from subway.

He said I really don't like eating healthy foods so I figured the eggo is healthier then a bagel and whole wheat is better then white bread.

He's like I know the wheat is bad for me but I don't like anything else.

I didn't even know what to say.

Shawn Mihalik is offline Member
    My friend who has two children: I just bought a whole bunch of junk food. I don't like buying unhealthy food, but it's summer, so I've got to have something for the kids to eat.

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Being lectured while out at dinner on Saturday with my obese, type II diabetic, acne-ridden, unable to walk up a flight of stairs friend that I really should eat the bean and chickpea salad that came with my meal because "beans are soooo good for you, I eat them all the time!"

Legumes could do without that endorsement!

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Mihalik View Post
    My friend who has two children: I just bought a whole bunch of junk food. I don't like buying unhealthy food, but it's summer, so I've got to have something for the kids to eat.
    This thread should be re-named the *head-desk/ face-palm* thread.

tstein13 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by onalark View Post
    Please don't hate me, people who have been waitstaff. I know this is a very first world problem. I know the effing croutons can just be picked off. I tip well and I am usually very understanding and polite, honest! I just want to see some neurons firing!
    I remember when I worked at an Italian restaurant a lady called to complain about her four or five croutons on her caesar salad because she claimed she was gluten intolerant. What was her entree? A heaping bowl of Spaghetti with meat sauce. We didn't have gluten free pasta. And the meat sauce definitely had wheat in it too.

primalprincess7 is offline Senior Member
    i remember when i worked at an italian restaurant a lady called to complain about her four or five croutons on her caesar salad because she claimed she was gluten intolerant. What was her entree? A heaping bowl of spaghetti with meat sauce. We didn't have gluten free pasta. And the meat sauce definitely had wheat in it too.
    lol!
    I'm too stubborn to give up so I keep on trying.

You're never going to get to the top of the stairs if you don't walk up them.

onalark is offline Senior Member
    Child: "Can I have a soda with my meal?"
    Parental Figure: "No. No soda."
    (Steph: Quietly rooting for parent!)
    Parental Figure then notices...: "You didn't eat your fruit."
    Child: *mumblemumble*
    Parental Figure: "Well, drink this glass of juice because you need your fruit."
    (Steph mentally slams head into table.)

I whipped out the "100% organic orange juice leads to 100% organic Type 2 diabetes" line on Facebook the other day, and apparently a friend of mine who is an avid OJ imbiber didn't like it very much.

Don't get me wrong, I love juice, but it's a once- or twice-a-year treat (and usually while camping). It should be regarded as fortified liquid sugar in a glass, period.

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    A relative of a friend of mine decided that the best way to get her granddaughter to eat at dinner was to turn it to a "fun" race to stuff in the food as fast as possible. Years of that. Oh yes, I'm sure that won't set up any unhealthy habits or attitudes...
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Paleobird Guest
    It's hard to change someone's view on diet when it involves their self-image as well.

My good friend and hiking buddy is an avid chronic cardio cyclist who has no muscle tone in legs or upper body and is developing a serious carb gut since he passed 40 a couple of years back.
    When we first started hiking, I had just had a bunch of surgeries and he was always having to wait for me to catch up (very sweet of him).
    Now when we hike I am going way faster than him and he is furiously popping cliff bars or those sugar gel blocks cyclists use every few minutes.
    He can't figure out how I can go from a solid breakfast to a solid dinner with a 14 mile hike in between without needing snackies.

But when told about the benefits of Primal, he says, "Well, that might work for you but I could never do that. I'm an *athlete*".

*face palm*