Page 11 of 888 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111511 ... LastLast

Thread: Funny CW moments page 11

nina_70 Guest

Primal Fuel

Some great stories in here. I'll share mine, although it's not really funny...more like sad. My mom is pre-diabetic (might already be technically diabetic). She reads alot of books and knows that carbs convert to sugar which affects her blood sugar. She even tests herself everyday and worries about her high sugar levels. But...when I ask her why she doesn't try a low-carb Primal-type diet she says "well, maybe if I just eat more low-fat and whole grains I'll lose some weight and my blood-sugar will come down"....argh!

DiabetesCanKissMyButt is offline Senior Member

We got free CPK salad today at work and I am a lover of CPK (California Pizza Kitchen). But as I'm sitting looking at this salad, I realize it only has a couple cubes of white meat chicken and the rest was lettuce. I felt very unsatisfied just looking at it. So I went and heated up my shepherds pie (made with cauliflower instead of tators) and ate that instead. This was a shocking experience to me because I LOVE CPK salad. Obviously my tastes are changing.

Kebekgirl Guest

My office mate was eatimg a pecan bun for lunch, a sweet bread roll topped with gooey sugar, butter and nuts. She said that was such a good lunch because it has great protein content from the pecan!

NorthernMonkeyGirl is offline Senior Member

Right now on TV is a documentary about the evil food industry putting salt and sugar into branded cereals, and can kids cope without them....so they're giving the kids porridge instead (diet devised by a nutritionist!!) and putting on "traffic light" labels for fat, salt, and sugar.

So well-meaning, so CW, so sad

KXS
    KXS is offline Member

the women in my office go to WW meetings, have a freezer stocked here of Lean Cuisine meals for lunch, and gasp when they see me eating nuts and cheese

It seems they have been on the same 'diet' over a year and look the same, yet they are quick to judge me and what I eat...

maba is offline Senior Member

I tried Lean Cuisine just once and could never get myself to buy one again. Blechhh... And the portions were just so small for my 5'0", 120# self. I wonder how all the 6'plus men in my work place can feel sated with these.

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member

So, yesterday, a group of my friends decided we should get together and watch movies at one of their houses. (When they called me, it was about 1:00 pm, I was out on a walk and hadn't eaten since dinner the night before.)

When I arrived, they had wine and snacks, which were Guacamole, Tortilla Chips and Goat Cheese with crackers. I seated myself as far from the chips and crackers as possible--- Ali, the hostess brought me a spoon for the Guac, and a knife for the cheese. All told, I had one glass one wine, some cheese and Guac...and somehow avoided all the crap.

This woman is a true friend, even though she happens to be a vegetarian. She gets it!

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member

My family took my out to my favorite sunday brunch buffet for my birthday yesterday.

I had 5 eggs benny (and removed the english muffin) a big pile of bacon, and 4 thick slices of wonderful medium rare roast beef. They were all concerned that I hadn't "got my fill" and "wasn't I still hungry?" lol

The more I see the less I know for sure.
    -John Lennon

AuH2Ogirl is offline Senior Member

This was posted in the comments on a blog I frequent:

"Since I am a dietitian, I have to make a few remarks about food choices. Starchy tubers and grains do no give anyone Type 2 Diabetes. Type 2 Diabetes happens when you weigh so much that your body shuts down you insulin receptors to make you lose weight. Not surprisingly, Type 2 Diabetes was unknown during WW1 and WW2 and the depression in between. What is the one universal thing we are seeing now and have been seeing for the past 30 years? Overweight people. When I was growing up there was one fat kid in my whole school. Go to any grade and high school now and you will see that most are overweight.

Pasta and bread causing mental fog. Yes, that is carbohydrate dumping. If you do not have any protein with your meal and you eat a whole lot of carbohydrates like bread, pasta, grains, etc, they go from your stomach to your intestine very fast resulting in a rush of blood to the area around your intestines to absorb the nutrients.

We are ominoves for a reason. We need some protein, I think with each meal, but some means an ounce or two or three. North Americans are overweight because they eat too much of it. Also we have stopped eating complex carbohydrates and changed to simple sugars. Complex carbohydrates contain fiber which fill you up and you must chew, slowing you down. Candy and soda are fast. I think I can eat a bag of chips without taking a breath, I certainly can with a bag of cheesies."

As you say, Grok wept.

NorthernMonkeyGirl is offline Senior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Can't do quotes but I hope that dietician isn't in my country!!

I wish my body would shut down receptors so I could lose weight!!

There there Grok, dry your eyes...