Page 108 of 884 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118158208608 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 8834

Thread: Funny CW moments page 108

geostump is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Sounds like my dad. He will eat an entire bag of hershey kisses and just take more insulin. It is okay because the doctor tells him it is okay. *rolls eyes*
    I hear it almost daily. Then when you get a person who really wants to change and they know eating grains is not the smartest thing to be eating, you can't tell them shit. I literally feel like a gd hypocrite.
    Georgette

hazmat is offline Senior Member
    I was listening to Dr. Lo's podcast show. She had on a dr. who specializes in diabetes. She was saying how she tries to get all of her patients to cut out the refined grains and stick to the whole grains and brown rice. Really? Really? Sure Refined grains are terrible for you but whole grains aren't any better.

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    I'm sure there are several men on the forum who would let you borrow theirs.
    Quote Originally Posted by quelsen View Post
    handraise
    Quote Originally Posted by Twibble View Post
    Only if properly stored, I'm sure.
    Well, there would be a detailed terms of use policy I am sure.
    Well shucks, aren't you sweet? However, I'm sure that if the carb-blocking powers 'rubbed off' I would have noticed their effects by now. It's been some 20 years since I started 'using' those things.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Kind of reminds me of the medical buildings on my route, many of them cancer clinics, and they're always surrounded by overweight employees smoking on their break.

You would think they would get the connection, but...
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Maybe it's possible to beat diabetes by consuming inhuman amounts of sugar. Kind of like beating aquaphobia by jumping off a boat into the middle of the ocean.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

jandge is offline Senior Member
    My sister just told me this afternoon that she's planning to transition into vegan eating after she goes back to being a vegetarian. This meaning that she needs to stop eating turkey clubs/cheetos/sugar sodas, before going vegetarian.

Couple months she did that Master Cleanse bullshit to clean her system out. And before that two week ordeal, she tried primal for half a week (kinda- she was eating Panda Express without grains).

THE FUNNY PART IS that last year she told me she wanted to start eating better to be a "healthy role model" for me and my mom and now the two of are eating way better than my sister.
    Last edited by jandge; 06-02-2011 at 06:42 PM.

Do yourself a favor and become your own savior.
    Congenital Hypothyroid
    CW: 225lbs SW: 245lbs

Dellastreet is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    That's the stuff that Dreamfields pasta uses to claim it reduces the digestible carbs by a large amount... BUT, as it turns out, it doesn't really work out that way.

It gives identical blood glucose curves as regular pasta:
    Diabetes Update: Study Finds Dreamfields Pasta Produces Identical Glucose Curves as Regular Dry Pasta
    Thank you for posting this. I've long had a nagging doubt about Dreamfields and figured I'd do just as well adhering to a serving size of regular pasta. It's great to see low numbers after eating pasta, but the low numbers are temporary - you still get the carbs, you still get the rise in BG, only later. Of course, there's no pasta for me now. It's just not worth the lack of blood sugar control.

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jandge View Post
    My sister just told me this afternoon that she's planning to transition into vegan eating after she goes back to being a vegetarian. This meaning that she needs to stop eating turkey clubs/cheetos/sugar sodas, before going vegetarian.

Couple months she did that Master Cleanse bullshit to clean her system out. And before that two week ordeal, she tried primal for half a week (kinda- she was eating Panda Express without grains).

THE FUNNY PART IS that last year she told me she wanted to start eating better to be a "healthy role model" for me and my mom and now the two of are eating way better than my sister.
    And she crossed the line from well meaning fool to arrogant bitch.

My sister's old babysitter dropped by. She's 400lbs overweight (I eyeballed it). She got a gut band (they recommended it) and has lost a total of 1.6lbs (no muscle gain) in 6 months. I tried to get outside in time for her to see me (and hopefully recommend this lifestyle) but she drove off too quickly.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

ELizabeth826 is online now Senior Member

canio6 Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    Well shucks, aren't you sweet? However, I'm sure that if the carb-blocking powers 'rubbed off' I would have noticed their effects by now. It's been some 20 years since I started 'using' those things.
    Oh well. Can't blame a guy for trying