Page 106 of 888 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116156206606 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 8871

Thread: Funny CW moments page 106

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Before we left the house to go on a hike last weekend, my roommate looked at my bare feet and asked, with good humour, "Are you going to wear shoes? ... I never know with you." I wore my VFFs, so, kind of...
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson View Post
    Sorry ladies, I guess you're out of luck. I'll be over here eating my bologna sandwich on white bread, thanks to my magical carbohydrate blocking penis.
    I have got to get me one of those!!

jennachica is offline Member
    Overheard two new coworkers at lunch talking about healthy eating today. One of them said that her boyfriend who is studying to be a chemist told her that "women shouldn't eat white bread because it turns to sugar in their bodies".

I couldn't help but stick my nose in and ask if it does something different in a man's body. She said, "yes, men just digest it like any other carbohydrate."

*FACEPALM OF DEATH*

Sorry ladies, I guess you're out of luck. I'll be over here eating my bologna sandwich on white bread, thanks to my magical carbohydrate blocking penis.
    BAHAHAHAH, awesome. But I must say, I'm positive that any white bread goes STRAIGHT to my hips and thighs ;p

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Ohhh, irony.

"Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

@Jenny... I didn't realize how funny it was until I saw it was for curing Juvenile diabetes!

Exactly, Spiff -- it takes a minute to spot that. XD And the illustration is the full-sugar regular Pepsi, to boot... ouch!

Oh and... resistant starch:
    Resistant starch - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That's the stuff that Dreamfields pasta uses to claim it reduces the digestible carbs by a large amount... BUT, as it turns out, it doesn't really work out that way.

It gives identical blood glucose curves as regular pasta:
    Diabetes Update: Study Finds Dreamfields Pasta Produces Identical Glucose Curves as Regular Dry Pasta

To sum up, it may not be digested in the same way, but you still get every one of those calories, AND the same blood sugar spike. *eyeroll*
    Last edited by Jenny; 06-02-2011 at 07:12 AM.
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

secretlobster is offline Senior Member
    Overheard two new coworkers at lunch talking about healthy eating today. One of them said that her boyfriend who is studying to be a chemist told her that "women shouldn't eat white bread because it turns to sugar in their bodies".

I couldn't help but stick my nose in and ask if it does something different in a man's body. She said, "yes, men just digest it like any other carbohydrate."

*FACEPALM OF DEATH*

HAHAHA
    Did you know women actually digest food with our uterus? It's science. Don't question.

Beastman is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Ohhh, irony.

*pic*
    *facepalm*
    Quote Originally Posted by runnergal View Post
    You just didn't define Healthy Whole Grains properly. Many steak recipes refer to cutting "against the grain" when slicing. Therefore beef has grains. If you eat everything on your plate, you have eaten the whole thing. Eating an entire steak is eating healthy whole grains.

Griff is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Ohhh, irony.

*facepalm* That's just.... that's.... argh!!! I have no words.
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Apparently this irony is a common thing...

Apparently they were selling coupon books for frosties and the proceeds were going to the JDRF.
    Last edited by Jenny; 06-02-2011 at 08:36 AM.