Page 105 of 881 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115155205605 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 8801

Thread: Funny CW moments page 105

dakini is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I was at my MIL's last night and we were talking (my SIL and BIL were there too) about how you're seeing more boys with 'man boobs' (but they aren't fat!) and girls maturing faster and how it was all being caused by the hormones and chemicals in our foods (I was just listening). I said, not at my house. I buy clean meat whenever I can, and it's getting far easier to find, so that's what's in my house now.
    Good so far, right?
    My MIL then proceeds to give my daughter one of those packages of fake cheese and crackers. Ugh.

hazmat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dakini View Post
    I was at my MIL's last night and we were talking (my SIL and BIL were there too) about how you're seeing more boys with 'man boobs' (but they aren't fat!) and girls maturing faster and how it was all being caused by the hormones and chemicals in our foods (I was just listening). I said, not at my house. I buy clean meat whenever I can, and it's getting far easier to find, so that's what's in my house now.
    Good so far, right?
    My MIL then proceeds to give my daughter one of those packages of fake cheese and crackers. Ugh.
    People have no idea. Monsanto's nasty growth hormones that they give to cows is causing all sorts of problems. They tried to bribe the Canadian health department to get it passed but that didn't happen.

PixieKitten is offline Senior Member
    Talking on msn with the boyfriend just now:

Khris says (20:58):
    *Well, it was a white bread sandwich with crisps meat and mayonaisse in it x]
    ******(*)Pixie(@)Kitten(*) says (20:58):
    *MAKEPROPERFOOD
    *xd
    Khris says (20:58):
    *I know you'd class that as kinda junky considering the bread and stuff so,.
    Khris says (20:59):
    *But food's getting worse right? That's why we're trying to cling on to healthier ways of eating, because we all know the way it's going. We're afraid of losing that which extends our life, to the stuff that we know harms us.
    Khris says (21:00):
    *Buuutt... by eating junk, i'm sacrificing my body for my children, and their childrens children, etc.
    *Because through the process of evolution, our bodies will eventually learn and adapt to accomodate for the crap, and we'll all be fine.
    Khris says (21:01):
    *So i'm doing a good thing really.

For the genius he is, he's an idiot sometimes. -facepalm-
    Bunny trainer extraordinaire!

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    lol, yeah but the food might be contributing to the destruction of ecosystems AND your genetic health!

CoyoteVick is offline Senior Member
    on a survey I took today:

How many of the last 30 days have you eaten a healthy breakfast (e.g. whole grains, low fat dairy, and fresh fruit)

um.... Well, technically I ate a healthy breakfast EVERY day, but MY definition of healthy doesn't match yours....

sarah1990 is offline Senior Member
    Not really a CW moment but a friend posted on facebook what she ate for dinner:

"Pizza, burger & chips, onion rings and garlic mushrooms"

Even when I was following SAD (or the British equivalent) I wouldn't eat that!!! There is a lot of deep frying involved in that - the mushroom will have been in batter like the onion rings =/

I don't get how people don't equate their diet to causing them to be sluggish and irritable and just generally not feeling in great health. Eating that is going to make you feel like shit!

Jefferson is offline Member
    Overheard two new coworkers at lunch talking about healthy eating today. One of them said that her boyfriend who is studying to be a chemist told her that "women shouldn't eat white bread because it turns to sugar in their bodies".

I couldn't help but stick my nose in and ask if it does something different in a man's body. She said, "yes, men just digest it like any other carbohydrate."

*FACEPALM OF DEATH*

Sorry ladies, I guess you're out of luck. I'll be over here eating my bologna sandwich on white bread, thanks to my magical carbohydrate blocking penis.

pfair143 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    My local library tends to post a month's worth of events at one time on Facebook. Yes, I "friended" my library.

Anyway...

Last month they posted an event called "Donuts with Dad", immediately followed by a post advertising an event called "How To Turn Your Body Into a Fat Burning Machine". Really?
    Many years ago (so they really can claim ignorance) the skating rink was offering skating classes or rink time to the moms waiting on their kids for really cheap prices. The promotion was for having fun and fat loss. Free coffee and donuts afterward.

newberrycrater is offline Senior Member
    Sorry ladies, I guess you're out of luck. I'll be over here eating my bologna sandwich on white bread, thanks to my magical carbohydrate blocking penis.
    Well now I really do have penis envy!

LJH
    LJH is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson View Post
    I'll be over here eating my bologna sandwich on white bread, thanks to my magical carbohydrate blocking penis.
    But ..... you don't have to wave it around like a regular magic wand, right?