Page 103 of 872 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153203603 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 8717

Thread: Funny CW moments page 103

gojirama is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Mihalik View Post
    If I'd have know I could eat steak when I was vegan, I might have stayed vegan. Why didn't anybody tell me?
    Hell, yeah!

A friend just posted to FB that her husband made the vegan avacado potato salad from Post Punk Kitchen, then added crumbled bacon. I'd totally do that.
    I blog :http://raisinggodzillas.blogspot.com/
    Like me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/...17134571662261
    "We have all the food groups- meat and chocolate".

JanuaryEmber is offline Senior Member
    Now someone on another friends FB post is arguing with me that Canola oil is healthier than butter because the MayoClinic.com says so, and therefore is must be true. I suppose if the MayoClinic said that consuming battery fluid was healthy he would believe that too.

*headdesk*
    "Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there."

jandge is offline Senior Member
    WELL, there is no prerequisite time limit for vegan qualification. A friend makes the joke that he's been vegetarian most of the day - until around 4pm, where he has some meat sandwich.

(FYI, I have no real knowledge of the reasons behind people going vegan.)

Do yourself a favor and become your own savior.
    Congenital Hypothyroid
    CW: 225lbs SW: 245lbs

Shawn Mihalik is offline Member
    I'll just let this one speak for itself: Rachael Ray Show - On the Show - The Carb Lovers Diet

Major headesk.

Polecatz is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JanuaryEmber View Post
    Now someone on another friends FB post is arguing with me that Canola oil is healthier than butter because the MayoClinic.com says so, and therefore is must be true. I suppose if the MayoClinic said that consuming battery fluid was healthy he would believe that too.

*headdesk*
    What is it with people and butter that they would prefer to eat something that not only tastes inferior but is also fake? Even if people really thought saturates were so terrible, most people couldn't possibly consume enough butter to justify the amount of panic it generates. I mean, I'm the only person I know who eats the stuff out of the packet. People who fret about butter probably quite happily consume about ten times as much sugar as they do butter **ROLL EYES**

Farfalla is offline Senior Member
    In a forum on health where I contribute from time to time, there is a discussion on pancreatic cancer, mostly for relatives who help each other come to terms with the death or the painful dying of their beloved ones. After reading some PB-related articles, I mentioned there that sugar probably feeds tumor growth and quoted the relevant studies. I also said that if I or a close person had cancer, I would probably try to eliminate sugar first, along with all carbs save for vegetables. A lady chimed in and said that her father never had a sweet tooth but died of pancreatic cancer anyway. And then she elaborated - by not having a sweet tooth she meant that he would never add extra sugar on his cakes!

To clarify, she meant these cakes:

They are filled with marmelade or other sweet stuff, and many people sprinkle them with confectionary sugar before serving.

I politely explained that sugar is a broader concept than just the notorious white powder. At least she seems to have gotten the point.

Silky is offline Senior Member
    saw this on not always right today. Not Always Right | Funny & Stupid Customer Quotes » Not The Most Well-Red Of Customers

"RESTAURANT | FL, USA
    (I’m taking a to-go order over the phone. The customer is ordering a couple of well done steaks.)

Customer: “Okay. On those steaks, I want them to be cut through all the way to the bone on both sides. I want to make sure that they are cooked all the way through. There can’t be any pink.”

Me: “Okay.”

Customer: “Make sure they do that. They didn’t do that last time.”

Me: “Okay, I will tell them.”

Customer: “The reason I need them cut like that is to make sure they’re cooked all the way through. My doctor told me not to eat red meat.”. "
    My photo diary of my primal diet on wordpress

My primal journal on MDA.

yodiewan is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jennachica View Post
    I've got two of them to share:
    2) Found this article, note that the girl states that her transformation started when she picked up the Paleo Diet book, but then scroll down and see how she's eating.....
    Bodybuilding.com - Accountable For Success

Huh? How in ANY way is CC, Muscle Milk (Lite), egg whites and LUNA bars Paleo??? WTH?
    This kinda makes me think of my mom. She's become aware of Paleo/primal/whatever (eating real food is how I think of it mostly now) and over the past year or so we've been talking more about nutrition. She's been a fitness nut for as long as I can remember. I think it just takes some people time to give up long-held beliefs. For example, my mom was eating veggie burgers a few months back, but I think I convinced her that a real burger is much better in every way. I know a lot of us immediately jumped into paleo/primal eating and left all processed junk behind, but others might take a slower approach.
    Last edited by yodiewan; 05-31-2011 at 12:03 PM.

Silky is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Mihalik View Post
    I'll just let this one speak for itself: Rachael Ray Show - On the Show - The Carb Lovers Diet

Major headesk.

What the bleep is "resistant starch"?
    My photo diary of my primal diet on wordpress

My primal journal on MDA.

JanuaryEmber is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Silky View Post
    Customer: “The reason I need them cut like that is to make sure they’re cooked all the way through. My doctor told me not to eat red meat.”. "
    *facepalm*
    "Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there."