Page 102 of 881 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202602 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 8801

Thread: Funny CW moments page 102

Blacksmith is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    [QUOTE=JanuaryEmber;464642]Read a serious *headdesk* moment today on someone's FB who was explaining how she is losing weight so fast by being Vegan.

. A normal day I eat a banana for breakfast, a slice of watermelon for lunch & a salad with no dressing for dinner. .

I eat this much by accident.

Karate Lisa is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by quelsen View Post
    It does hurt to see doesnt it
    Indeed. Especially since she truly believed she was doing the right thing.
    "You can always do more than you think you can !" Sensei Scash

jennachica is offline Member
    I've got two of them to share:

1) Best friend is a cardio QUEEN, does CC every day, has run at least 10 half marathons, starting tri's this year. However, after hitting that beautiful age of 30 is steadily gaining quite a bit of weight, does'nt know why. We do of course, she eats the typical CW diet of low-fat, high carb to "fuel her workouts". Well, I stayed at her place a few days during Lent, and as we are getting ready for a weight workout she consumes a Cliff bar (Banana Chocolate Chip) AS she's telling me that she gave up all sugar and sweets for Lent. It took every ounce of willpower not to grab the Cliff bar, show her the ingredients, and explain that she is eating nothing but a glorified candy bar. After every weight workout she goes to Starbucks and eats a low-fat, egg white and turkey english muffin.......I love the girl, want to say something, but know she won't listen. So I'll make my PWO eggs and ground turkey with fresh veggies and try to lead by example.

2) Found this article, note that the girl states that her transformation started when she picked up the Paleo Diet book, but then scroll down and see how she's eating.....
    Bodybuilding.com - Accountable For Success

Huh? How in ANY way is CC, Muscle Milk (Lite), egg whites and LUNA bars Paleo??? WTH?

secretlobster is offline Senior Member
    In most of those pictures she doesn't even appear to be the same person... She says she read the paleo diet book, but she doesn't say she's following a strict paleo diet (she obviously isn't). Whatever she's doing is working for her and that's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by secretlobster View Post
    In most of those pictures she doesn't even appear to be the same person... She says she read the paleo diet book, but she doesn't say she's following a strict paleo diet (she obviously isn't). Whatever she's doing is working for her and that's awesome.
    Yes, she does look awesome and all the power to her for getting into shape, but looks aren't everything. And I can tell you, from years of being an internationaly competitive Fitness Model, it means nothing when it comes to overall health. I maintained eating simple carbs and sugars in protien shakes etc, but was constantly exhausted and always fell into a cycle of sugar-binging and being constantly hungry. I would not trade the mental and physical benefits of Primal/Paleo living and eating just to look like that again.

secretlobster is offline Senior Member
    I don't think eating a Luna bar once a day means she is unhealthy, constantly hungry, or sugar-binging.

Quote Originally Posted by secretlobster View Post
    I don't think eating a Luna bar once a day means she is unhealthy, constantly hungry, or sugar-binging.
    Not at all, just relating my personal experience

JanuaryEmber is offline Senior Member
    To add on to my post yesterday, same girl posted again that she has lost 30 pounds since May 9th (20 days) that people may say it isn't healthy, she says it is dedication. Her friends asked how she does it, her only explanation is 'I'm vegan'. Then when prompted further, she explains she eats no meat, dairy, sugar, or soda, works out twice a day, drinks only water and eats .5 a steak every other friday 'for the protein and vitamins'.
    "Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there."

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    A steak-eating vegan?? There should be more of them.

Shawn Mihalik is offline Member
    If I'd have know I could eat steak when I was vegan, I might have stayed vegan. Why didn't anybody tell me?