Page 10 of 882 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110510 ... LastLast

Thread: Funny CW moments page 10

misathemeb is offline Member

Shop Now

my mother does not for the life of her "get PB" at all. she thinks she's making a healthy dish when she cooks up her stuffed salmon (i.e. a huge mound of mayo and breadcrumbs and crabmeat atop salmon) granted, i'll give her a thumbs up for the salmon and real crabmeat but seriously...the mayo-bread concoction on top...it's the size of a softball. EEK!

I will never convince her that wheat/carbs aren't doing her any favors.

gazb is offline Junior Member

Agreed about H+B... Half their vitamin supplements are bulked out with starch and sugar as well.

gazb is offline Junior Member

Quote from a Facebook friend regarding substituting soy milk for cream in a recipe: "it also lowers the cholesterol and fat content rather than using cream."

Fat content fair enough, many people still believe that low fat is good, but I thought that by now even mainstream medicine had very much accepted that dietary cholesterol isn't bad!

PrimalK is offline Junior Member

H&B are terrible for anything except... actually no, they are just terrible.

chocolatechip69 is offline Junior Member

gazb, you would be amazed. My friend, who is transitioning to Primal, went to get her bood taken and the doctor told her that with a total cholesterol of 300 and a perfect total to HDL ratio she has to start taking statins. Mind you, she's 35 and in a great shape. She figured right then she better keep it quite about eating tons of fat and meat.

Alright, this one isn't really funny, but last night I grabbed a copy of Women's Health and came across the article talking about dietary fat. It said that "As you all know, poly- and monosaturated fats are great for our health and you should include quite a bit of it into your diet but keep your saturated fats below 7% of your total fat intake because it is highly-dangerous all around".

I felt like writing them a hate-letter.

maba is offline Senior Member

I went to the grocery store to buy yoghurt. Can you believe it they didn't have whole/full-fat yoghurt in the whole store? When I asked the store attendant, he goes, "No one has ever asked for that before so I don't know". He finally did find 1 tub of yoghurt, but it was a brand I don't like

chocolatechip69 is offline Junior Member

Yeah, a co-worker saw me eating a full-fat yogurt long time ago and she freaked.

Kryz is offline Junior Member

maba: The Stop & Shop by me doesn't carry full-fat yogurt! I don't get it.

mrd232 is offline Junior Member

I'm lucky to live close to a Wegmans. Seriously. It's like that store just "gets" it. It may be because they cater heavily to foodies and gourmet shoppers. Their meat section? ZOMG. Amazing.

misathemeb is offline Member

i live 10mins from a wegman's as well. zomg love it! i agree mrd so many options it's wonderful!