Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Starbucks bottled Frappuccino's - Primal or Not? page

GuitarGirl is offline Junior Member

Starbucks bottled Frappuccino's - Primal or Not?

Shop Now
    I NEED coffee to get me through the day, and the Starbucks bottled Frappuccino (usually in mocha or coffee flavors) is the only thing that tastes okay to me. Is this allowed on the Primal diet?

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Um, if you want to consume a ton of added sugar, it's ok. Why not just drink coffee and not candy disguised as a drink?
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Damiana View Post
    Um, if you want to consume a ton of added sugar, it's ok. Why not just drink coffee and not candy disguised as a drink?
    well said.

Chaohinon is offline Senior Member
    Barf. Find a quality, local coffee shop and discover how good espresso can taste with no added fat or sweetener. The only reason people think coffee "needs" sweetener is because they're drinking rancid, pre-ground shit.
    The whole concept of a macronutrient, like that of a calorie, is determining our language game in such a way that the conversation is not making sense." - Dr. Kurt Harris

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Not only that, but the ingredients in that are no way natural. Read the label! They do not put the nutritional information online for that drink according to the website.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I like a little sweetener and half'n'half in my home brewed, ground each morning from organic beans, mug of espresso, but the one time I took a sip from the bottled Starbucks stuff, it reminded me more of chocolate milk than coffee.

It does have a lot of sugar. It also has pectin, which in and of itself isn't bad as it occurs in nature, but I would guess that they use it to up the mouthfeel because they use lowfat milk.

From here: Calories in Starbucks Coffee - Frappuccino Mocha Flavor, Bottled Coffee Beverage | Nutrition and Health Facts , a 4.5 ounce serving (half a bottle?) has 180 calories and 33 grams of carbs (31 of which are listed as sugar). As compared to the coffee I make in the morning: ~40 cal and less than 1 carb (which would increase to 4 grams carb if I used real sugar).

I think you're jump starting your morning with sugar more than with caffeine.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Get coffee, add your own sweetener or just cream/coconut milk. Start cutting back on the sweetener, and then the caffeine, if you don't want it anymore.

But really, get that extra sugar out of your life ASAP. It's just added calories and a bunch of junk.
    Journal
    Current interests - Starting Strength (reading it very slowly)

Depression Lies

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    My husband has a plunger (french press) at work. He gets good coffee, makes it with hot water, and done. He doesn't drink much, but i fyou like to drink a lot, you can get different sizes and have it both hot/cold.

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    The blended caramel frap at SB (coffee free) with some whipped cream on top used to be my one of my all time favorite treats. I haven't had one in about 2 years, although hypothetically it could be part of the 80/20 thing.
    Ever since I've been drinking coffee, I've been grinding some good quality dark roast, add cream or half and half and I'm good to go. If you get good quality coffee the sugar will only ruin it.

quikky is offline Senior Member
    Learn More
    Frappuccino is not coffee with a bit of sugar and milk, it's sugary milk with a squirt of coffee in it.

It's basically a step below drinking soda.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast