Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Starbucks bottled Frappuccino's - Primal or Not? page 2

qqemokitty is offline Senior Member
    My favorite thing to get from starbucks is an iced coffee with heavy cream and 1 pump of sweetner. :x I have also heard getting an Americano with cream is cheaper than the iced coffee and tastes better, I've not yet tried it because I feel bad enough with all my caveats and addendums on my order. :P

at work i just have one cup of the coffee from the machine with 1 tsp sugar. yes its white sugar but as long as its only tsp and only once a day, i dont see the harm.

dont buy the prebottled crap tho, its terribly ineffective cost wise and not at all primal.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    I don't think the OP was for real, but the thread reminded me of an "Overheard in London" moment I had on the underground the other day. A teenagey girl - huge - got on the train with her normal sized mum, drinking a SB frappacino. She must have just bought it cos her mum was staring at it and asked her how many calories it had. The girl defensively snapped back that she didn't care.

Sorry, no punch line to the story - it just made me feel sad. She clearly did care. How horrible must it be to be overweight and have other people judging you for wanting to have a frappacino?
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Star Buck's bottled frappuccinos...

Wait, what?!

Lawls.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Dear god not sugar! Everyone run for the fuckin' hills!!!

In all seriousness though, all, and I mean all products Starbucks sells taste like grounded up dog puke. I would recommend you sweeten your own organic ground coffee, because whenever I'm forced to drink Starbucks, the taste is absolutely abysmal and is only mildly made better by copious amounts of sugar. This could be what you're experiencing.

You can trust me, btw, I'm a coffee connoisseur.
    Last edited by Derpamix; 01-28-2013 at 03:41 PM.
    nihil

peril is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Dear god not sugar! Everyone run for the fuckin' hills!!!

In all seriousness though, all, and I mean all products Starbucks sells taste like grounded up dog puke. I would recommend you sweeten your own organic ground coffee, because whenever I'm forced to drink Starbucks, the taste is absolutely abysmal and is only mildly made better by copious amounts of sugar. This could be what you're experiencing.

You can trust me, btw, I'm a coffee connoisseur.
    Hahahahahahahaha
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

SeaHorse is offline Senior Member
    The very idea of Starbucks is as far from primal as from the Moon. And Frapucinos taste like coffee flavored dishwasher with loads of sugar. If you are really primal, how can you even hold it in your mouth long enough to gulp down? Are you sure its cofffee that you can't do without? Maybe the sugar?
    But then I come to think, even Starbucks had something that may be called coffee, at least that did not have anything else aded, just sour tasting black drink.

sarahelyse is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGirl View Post
    the Starbucks bottled Frappuccino (usually in mocha or coffee flavors) is the only thing that tastes okay to me.
    Having drank more than my fair share of the mocha frappuccinos back in the day, I'd wary a guess that the reason they taste okay to you is because of the sugar.

It was definitely eye opening to me the first time I had real, unsweetened coffee. It lost some of its glamour that day, but, honestly, coffee isn't naturally sweet.

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Good coffee.....like really good coffee. Fresh roast and just ground needs nothing. And to to add anything to it is like taking your single malt aged scotch and just splashing it into a big glass of soda. Just saying.

But yeah....starbucks needs doctoring

But no dont drink the frappuccino thing. Hell, go add honey and cream and some coco to your homemade maxwell house and you would have a healthier concoction.
    Last edited by Neckhammer; 01-29-2013 at 06:40 AM.

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Good coffee.....like really good coffee. Fresh roast and just ground needs nothing. And to to add anything to it is like taking your single malt aged scotch and just splashing it into a big glass of soda. Just saying.
    I knew there was a reason I liked you.

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    I knew there was a reason I liked you.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast