Hi, I have been eating primally for the last 3 weeks and am not seeing results and was wondering if anyone here had any ideas.

I had a baby in April 2012 and was nursing until December. I gained 30 lbs with my pregnancy eating healthy and lost all except maybe about 5-7 lbs naturally. I have stopped nursing and would like to try for baby number soon later this summer, but would really like to lose 20-30 lbs before doing so (had weight to lose before I got pregnanct with baby number 1).

3 weeks ago, I started the primal diet, but haven't had much time between work and the baby to exercise. I lost 5 lbs the first week and felt great. I kept going and had 1 or two instances where I ate something non-primal accidentally while out to eat (still getting adjusted to this) and ended up with a 1 lb gain the second week even though I was on point 85-90% of my meals that week. Third week was more of the same, but ended with a 2 lb gain.

My husband continues to eat "normally" for breakfast and lunch, but eats primal for dinner because I'm in charge of making dinner, and he has lost 7 lbs. Could there be a problem with my metabolism or do I need to start counting calories as well? Has anyone else had any experience with something like this?

Normal breakfast is 2 eggs with bacon, 2 egg omlette with ham and a little cheese or a crustless spinach quiche (eggs, chopped spinach, cheese). Lunch is leftovers or a salad + protein. Dinner is protein + veggie (pork loin + sauteed cabbage, steak + steam broccoli, baked chicken thighs + sauteed zucchini/squash, etc).

Any insight would be helpful. Thanks!