Thread: My new "Primal Go-To Green Sauce" for everything. page

Chunster495 is offline Member

My new "Primal Go-To Green Sauce" for everything.

Primal Fuel
    There's this really good cuban joint in nyc that I used to go all the time when i used to work in the city called Sophie's... they have this green sauce on every table and it's just great on everything. I haven't been there in years, but for some reason, i got a flash back taste of it in my mouth when i was thinking of different sauces/marinades to put on a skirt steak... needless to say, after a couple of minutes with google and adjustments,... here's what I came up with... the exact recipe is no where to be found, but this modified primal version is just fantastic and goes well with all meats, chicken, fish, eggs, salad.. pretty much anything primal... give it a try, will not disappoint... and it keeps well in the fridge for about a week or so.

Mix all of the ingredients in a food processor,... I actually used my magic bullet(large blender container) and it worked just as well.

I hear this is sort of a modified Peruvian Aji sauce... or modified mojo sauce... i like to just call it my primal goto green sauce.

1/4 head of lettuce, torn into pieces (iceberg is fine, romaine is better)
    3 jalapeno chiles, or spicier chilies for added kick
    1/4 cup Home made mayonnaise*
    5 green onions
    1/2 bunch of cilantro leaves (try to avoid the stems)
    3 cloves of garlic (or more if you like)
    1 to 2 tsp kosher salt
    1 tsp black pepper
    1 tsp garlic powder
    avocado (optional)
    lime juice (optional)

*There are some decent home made versions of mayo on the web and it's fairly simple to make, but it is added work... I got lazy the second time making this and instead of actually making the mayo, I just added an egg yolk, 1/2 cup olive oil, squeeze of lemon and lime, 1 tsp dijon mustard into the magic bullet along with the other ingredients and it come out just as good.

MmmFat is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for posting, Chunster! I'll probably substitute avocado/lime juice (and maybe a little EVOO?) for the mayo since I've never been a fan of mayo. Overall it looks amazing, and I can't wait to try!

FairyRae is offline Senior Member
    Excited to try it--and love the avocado idea too--I'll have to try both versions!

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Sounds tasty!

With the chiles, did you add them whole? Seeds and all?

Chunster495 is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    when I use jalapenos, I typically add them whole with the seeds and all,... but when I used stronger chillies, I pit out the seeds as the chilies have enough heat without the seeds... it's really all preference I think and depends on how spicy you like things and the type of chillies you have on hand.