Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dandruff Cure! page

Goosejuggler is offline Senior Member

Dandruff Cure!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    My BF hasn't been able to find relief from dandruff despite out paleo lifestyle, even during a whole 30 his condition didnt improve. He was also shampoo free for the past 6 months. As somewhat of a last ditch attempt, he tried a couple of drops of tea tree oil massaged into his scalp after his rinsed his hair (about once ever two days). And, would you believe it, it worked! I'm not all down on the science behind it, but I believe tea tree oil has anti-fungal properties and dandruff can be caused by a fungal overgrowth. It took him about a week to be flake free, and he is such a happy chappy I thought I would post in case anyone else is in a similar situation.
    You can find out a bit more on my tumblr blog Perth Paleo

Let me know if it works for you!
    The Paleo Strongwoman - A site dedicated to strength, and feeding strength.

SeaHorse is offline Senior Member
    A bit of table vinegar or lemon juice helped for me.

FLESH is offline Junior Member
    Cool - will try this. It has been driving me nuts for years. The anti-dandruff shampoo helped a bit but obviously is not dealing with the cause. Thanks.

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Me too - I use citric acid as my conditioner now, and I feel the difference in my scalp, despite the fact that my hands are drying up from all the sugar I ate the past week.

meeshar is offline Senior Member
    Awesome, thanks for the heads up, I just got dandruff for the first time in my life. I just bought a shampoo with tea tree in it, but I'll try using it by itself some as well.

Shelli is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Goosejuggler View Post
    My BF hasn't been able to find relief from dandruff despite out paleo lifestyle, even during a whole 30 his condition didnt improve. He was also shampoo free for the past 6 months. As somewhat of a last ditch attempt, he tried a couple of drops of tea tree oil massaged into his scalp after his rinsed his hair (about once ever two days). And, would you believe it, it worked! I'm not all down on the science behind it, but I believe tea tree oil has anti-fungal properties and dandruff can be caused by a fungal overgrowth. It took him about a week to be flake free, and he is such a happy chappy I thought I would post in case anyone else is in a similar situation.
    You can find out a bit more on my tumblr blog Perth Paleo

Let me know if it works for you!
    Thanks for posting this! My son has this problem and nothing works, at least long-term. So I've always thought it was more than just "dandruff". I'll get him doing this ASAP.

peril is offline Senior Member
    Mineral imbalances or deficiencies are often the root cause, particularly zinc and magnesium
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Shelli is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by peril View Post
    Mineral imbalances or deficiencies are often the root cause, particularly zinc and magnesium
    Peril, I'll get him going on a good mag and zinc supp and see if that helps, too. Drives him nutty.

Goosejuggler is offline Senior Member
    I hope you guys can find some relief, let me know how it works for you. I've been using it too, but my hair is long and I find it difficult to massage it Smells good though
    The Paleo Strongwoman - A site dedicated to strength, and feeding strength.

AMonkey is offline Senior Member
    I don't quite understand at what point he/you are using the tea tree oil. You are washing your hair in the shower, getting out, drying hair, then applying the tea tree oil so its in your hair throughout the day?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast