Hi there,

I have been primal for over 2 years, and have had low body temps for quite a while now. I have only recently been really concerned about it, because now my kids and husband also have low body temps.... the kids are only fairly primal, and husband more so, but that makes me think it is related to our eating.

Anyway, I have recently added more carbs (not very good ones I might add....potatoe chips and some other processed food and rice. I don't like the idea of it, and my temps aren't up that much, but my freezing hands and feet are a little better. I'm usually around 95 or 96 degrees, and I have seen my temp get into the 97 range, which is high for me.

I'm not sure what I should do.... I have gained a little weight lately, but haven't been eating great for the last two months...(nothing to do with the body temps, just more likely the holidays, and not really getting back on track yet)

I have been reading a bit of 180 degree health, and the Jack Kruse leptin reset, but I'm not sure what is the way to go for me.... I don't want to screw up all the progress I've made by doing 180 degree, and adding in a bunch of carbs and gain even more weight...., but I don't want to screw up my thyroid or whatever might be causing my low body temps by going super low carb again if that's what is causing that.

I am not overweight, but am still what you would call skinny fat. I currently weigh 130lbs.... up from 124. I am 5'5, and am currently working out, but haven't been active for over a year (did not gain weight while not remaining active)..... gained the most weight when I started working out again.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!! I keep going back and forth as to what to do.... finally I just decided to sit down with a glass of wine and chill out. Hopefully some of you can help me out.

Thanks!