Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Low body temp - what to do? 180 degree health or Jack Kruse leptin reset page 3

otzi Guest
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by quelsen View Post
    if you are cold .... and it bothers you.... then you can ease into cold therapy. two things to actually effect my body temp was

essential oils meant to release grief

cold baths over 6 weeks

my temps are not stellar, but they went from 96.4 to 97.6 yeah it is only a degree, but when i eat i can even reach 98.6.

and yes check your thyroid, if you are graves or Hashis you HAVE to deal with that shit.

if not.... <follows is a totally biased opinion> nothing you can do will to effect the thyroid directly ( iodine, thyroid hormone etc) alter your thyroid function..it is set at OEM levels and you are one of the outliers. you need to come at it indirectly.
    I had body temps of 95-97 mostly for 2 years of low carb. I tried ice baths, only made it worse. I tried real hard, too. I went to Endo, got put on Armour, then Synthroid. Body temp stayed in 96-97 range. I started eating 1 pound of potato a day, body temps now 98.6.

Just sayin'

joe2.0 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    I had body temps of 95-97 mostly for 2 years of low carb. I tried ice baths, only made it worse. I tried real hard, too. I went to Endo, got put on Armour, then Synthroid. Body temp stayed in 96-97 range. I started eating 1 pound of potato a day, body temps now 98.6.

Just sayin'
    Are you still on the thyroid meds? I don't really doubt that eating more carbs might increase my temp so not disagreeing. Just not an option for me though with the insulin resistence.

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by joe2.0 View Post
    Are you still on the thyroid meds? I don't really doubt that eating more carbs might increase my temp so not disagreeing. Just not an option for me though with the insulin resistence.
    I was off them all last summer, eating lots of fruit and got lots of sun, but around Sept, my feet were really cold and body temp low. I started on 30mg of Armour for 4 weeks, no change, TSH actually went up. 60mg Armour from Oct-Nov 1st, TSH still high.

All this time I was eating almost keto levels of carbs. Nov and Dec I was on 150mcg of Synthroid since Armour was doing nothing. By the end of Dec, my temp had gone up to the 97's. I added the starch 1 Jan, within 3 weeks my temp was up to 98.6, I cut my Synthroid in half 2 weeks ago, and still warm and feeling great. I have an Endo appt in 2 weeks and think I will just get off Synthroid and see where my TSH goes on high starch diet.

I'm kinda pissed I did this to myself, but glad I did because I see LC isn't for me.

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Otzi, are you checking your trigs at the same time? do you have enough data to do a comparative analysis of then and now?

starch should push up your trigs, trigs should convert into body heat ( all things being equal)

I suspect your thyroid is normalized due to better eating (tyrosine, iodine selenium etc) + that one time cell reconstruction CT provided.

never discount the cumulative effects of everything you do, there IS no magic bullet
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by quelsen View Post
    never discount the cumulative effects of everything you do, there IS no magic bullet
    Good point! Thats life. The funny thing is you make a change today and feel great, but forget that some body changes don't function in what the online world would call "real time". Cumulative effects indeed though.

specsAreGrok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post

Just sayin'
    I wonder if lower body temps might be one additional reason that so many primal folk report getting sick less often. IIRC, it is thought that the reason possoms only rarely have rabies is because their low body temp makes it difficult for the virus to survive. I can only assume that the same conditions would affect other virus.

Nik
    Nik is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Well, I have been upping the carbs a bit, and I don't seem to feel as cold anymore, but my temps are still all over the place. Sometimes I've been as low as 94.7 and all the way up to 97.6. I guess there is no real correlation that I am noticing. I think I may go back for more extensive bloodwork, and see if my Dr. has any input on the thyroid angle. Thanks for all the advice.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123