Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Low body temp - what to do? 180 degree health or Jack Kruse leptin reset page 2

Nik
    Nik is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Actually I have had my Thyroid checked about a year ago. I had low body temps then too. My dr. said Thyroid is fine, and not to stress about the temperature too much. I was taking some iodine drops... I think 125 mcl..., which she said was fine to continue, but I don't do it often enough I'm sure.. I am really bad about taking supplements. I better get back on that.

I really haven't had any other symptoms other than the temps and cold hands/feet........ I should also say that I do have mild Raynaud's disease, but never had the low body temps associated with it, and it was better after I gave up caffeine, so I think this is truly temperature related, and not the Raynaud's.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nik View Post
    ...... I should also say that I do have mild Raynaud's disease, but never had the low body temps associated with it, and it was better after I gave up caffeine, so I think this is truly temperature related, and not the Raynaud's.
    Well that definitely throws another monkey wrench into the differential though. Raynaud's can be progressive. Or not. But, its definitely a factor worth considering.

StephenHLi is offline Senior Member
    What is you and your family's blood pressure? (Might want to take multiple measurements throughout the day and calculate an average.)

Eating more sweet potato, yams and daikon radish may help with increasing efficient circulation (Raynauds).

Nik
    Nik is offline Member
    We all have fairly low BP.

I've been really upping the carbs, (sweet potatoes, potatoes and chocolate and bananas) and my temp is up today to 97.5, and I feel great..... even went barefoot in the house for about 15 minutes. Our floors are cold so I didn't last too long... I live in Michigan, and we heat with wood.

My temp was 95.0 degrees 2 days ago.

StephenHLi is offline Senior Member
    May I suggest feasting on more hot soup (bone broth) with liberal amounts of sea salt (not too much that you go blah!).

Add in any of these: ginger slices, onions, garlic, scallions, and cinnamon - they all have natural warming properties.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Personally I'm not convinced that body temp outside of the context of other lab markers means a damn thing.

High body temp can be associated with infection, cancer, and autoimmune disease.....Low body temp can be associated with hypothyroid. Without other info you can not rely on body temp alone

Body temp goes down when you consume low calorie (I.e. your trying to lose weight). Goes up when your gaining weight.

If your skinny fat I'd keep eating primal and add in resistance training rather than latching onto either of those other two ideas.
    I have to agree with you. Sort of...
    I think that some people just tend to be cold and some tend to be hotter.

I have had lower body temp and low blood pressure for my entire life.

When thin and very active/muscular and eating gobs of carbs... low body temp and low blood pressure.
    When heavy/gaining weight and eating carby foods... low body temp and low blood pressure.
    When primal and eating lots of fruit and carbs... low body temp and low blood pressure.
    When low carb and losing weight... same exact low body temp and low blood pressure.

It's just me. People are different.
    After looking at me like I have two heads (I guess they don't expect blood pressure like that out of an overweight 40 yr old woman with multiple chronic health issues due to autoimmune disease), asking me if I feel OK, and me explaining that it's always been that low... I generally get congratulated on having fabulous blood pressure and heart rate.

My husband on the other hand... dieting and losing weight, pretty low carb as well... hot as can be.
    All the time.
    I'll be in sweats, he'll be in his boxers.
    But he has always been that way too.
    The kind of guy who used to sleep with his window open when he lived in Plattsburg, NY in the middle of WINTER!
    Freak.

Oh, and he has higher blood pressure too... not "high" but he hits near the top of the normal range up around 120-130 where as I'm always in the rock bottom of "normal" in the range of 100-110 and sometimes below 100 in the "low normal" range were children or athletes would be...
    I am neither a child nor an athlete.

This opposites type thing concerning body temp and blood pressure has applied to us throughout varied diets and levels of activity over 15 years.

None of that made any difference.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

joe2.0 is offline Member
    I have the same issue--I live in the 95 and 96 range, basically never higher. Would love some insight on how to get the temp up. I've had thyroid tests etc. and they show normal. Heart rate is in the high normal range. No weight issues, can pretty much drop pounds on demand. I am diabetic and I control that well with low carb primal and lifestyle so it just may be that. I know diabetes plays havic with your thermostat so to speak so it may come down to that. Eating a lot of carbs to resolve isn't an option for me so would love some alternatives if anyone has been able to do this. Dabbled with kelp for iodine after the big thread here but really no help there.

Doctors never seem concerned even though I've on multiple occasions with different doctor's been unable to register a temp on their machines. They just ask if I've always been that way. I tell them no but they say it's nothing to be concerned with as some people just run low, especially diabetics. A1C is low 5's and stable so hopefully resolving some damage there.
    Last edited by joe2.0; 01-31-2013 at 07:56 AM.

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    if you are cold .... and it bothers you.... then you can ease into cold therapy. two things to actually effect my body temp was

essential oils meant to release grief

cold baths over 6 weeks

my temps are not stellar, but they went from 96.4 to 97.6 yeah it is only a degree, but when i eat i can even reach 98.6.

and yes check your thyroid, if you are graves or Hashis you HAVE to deal with that shit.

if not.... <follows is a totally biased opinion> nothing you can do will to effect the thyroid directly ( iodine, thyroid hormone etc) alter your thyroid function..it is set at OEM levels and you are one of the outliers. you need to come at it indirectly.
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

carlh is offline Senior Member
    Crawl inside a tauntaun.

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by carlh View Post
    Crawl inside a tauntaun.
    but they smell worse on the inside
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast