Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So the rind of Brie cheese comes from mould from bread? is Gluten in it? page

Jamie Madrox is offline Senior Member

So the rind of Brie cheese comes from mould from bread? is Gluten in it?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I had never had brie cheese before today and I had always been aware that the rind was edible so i happily ate the rind with the cheese ans it was good. I was just looking up some things to use with the wheel i was given and saw that the rind of brie is made from mold from bread. Does that mean there is gluten in it?

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Madrox View Post
    I had never had brie cheese before today and I had always been aware that the rind was edible so i happily ate the rind with the cheese ans it was good. I was just looking up some things to use with the wheel i was given and saw that the rind of brie is made from mold from bread. Does that mean there is gluten in it?
    No. It doesn't mean that at all. I don't follow your logic one bit.

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    the mold grew on the bread, the mold is not the bread
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Jamie Madrox is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    No. It doesn't mean that at all. I don't follow your logic one bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    the mold grew on the bread, the mold is not the bread
    Well you can never be too careful right?

you got jokes, you funny
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    FWIW, unless you're hypersensitive to gluten, I don't think trace gluten contamination is anything to worry about. For example, most of the nuts, chocolate and even vitamins I buy are "processed on equipment shared with wheat and soy." I couldn't care less.

I think gluten is incredibly overrated anyway. Mr. Gluten gets way more credit than he deserves. The average Primal seems to be terrified of gluten but will happily choke down chicken wings deep fried in rancid vegetable oil at some bar...as long as they're not breaded, of course. Personally, I think the WGA in wheat is more harmful than the gluten for most of us, and I'd rather eat vital wheat gluten stretched into fake vegan "meat" than use salad dressing made from soybean and/or canola and/or cottonseed oil. But that's my opinion.

Relax a bit
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

sakura_girl is online now Senior Member
    I'm really "meh" on eating any kind of mold nowadays. I used to like hard cheese's hard rind, but now that I know it's full of mold, I try to avoid it.

SeaHorse is offline Senior Member
    But the rind on brie cheese is the best part of it! I buy small rolls where there is a lot of "outside" and share with the dogs the middle and eat the rind all myself!

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    I think gluten is incredibly overrated anyway. Mr. Gluten gets way more credit than he deserves. The average Primal seems to be terrified of gluten but will happily choke down chicken wings deep fried in rancid vegetable oil at some bar...as long as they're not breaded, of course.
    You need to quit this vendetta, son.
    I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Quote Originally Posted by iniQuity View Post
    You need to quit this vendetta, son.
    some men just want to watch the world burn
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast