Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My workout is better than yours! page

Violette_R is offline Senior Member

My workout is better than yours!

Shop Now
    Rant time. I read a lot of different publications and forums about fitness and I'm tiring of the running vs. power lifting vs. Crossfit vs. yoga vs. shooting people in the ass with a dart gun arguments.

My workout is better than your workout FOR ME. Your workout is probably better than mine FOR YOU. We're all moving, so as long as we're staying out of each other's way, why do we gotta bag on the way everyone else is moving?

I'd rather shave my head with a cheese grater than do Zumba, but you seem to like it and your not using the incline bench means I get to. You may be horrified by my big delts, but I'm not crowding up your Zumba room so it's all good.

So long as someone has put some thought into their goals and chosen the right activity to meet them, I don't see why we have to argue about what exercise is best. And even if they haven't, it's no skin off my nose so long as they let me work in when I ask.

OK, I'm done.

alexpanait is offline Member
    It's incredible, actually & funny at the same time when you look at those comparisons.
    On the other hand - there's EFFICIENT workouts and less efficient / time-consuming ones with same benefits
    Yet that's another story
    "...Primal or not primal - that is the question!"

------------------------------------
    Starting weight 85kg, 22% bodyfat (December 2012)
    Current weight 78kg, 15% bodyfat (March 2013)
    Desired weight 83-84kg , 7-8% bodyfat (May 2014 or sooner)

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Nice rant Violette_R!

Most people that calls themselves primal does not really like physical activities at all, but they shop them as a necessary evil in trying to get a less fat figure! Bacon and bulletproof for breakfast and Zumba and pillates in the afternoon to get absolution for their sins of perpetual gorgin seem to be the perfect combo...

SeaHorse is offline Senior Member
    If you are really primal, you find energy, that has to go somewhere and thats where exercise comes in handy and naturally. But you get many people who tell they are primal and keep eating their ice creams, refined sugar, etc, and then complain that primal doesn't work.

Violette_R is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    Nice rant Violette_R!

Most people that calls themselves primal does not really like physical activities at all, but they shop them as a necessary evil in trying to get a less fat figure! Bacon and bulletproof for breakfast and Zumba and pillates in the afternoon to get absolution for their sins of perpetual gorgin seem to be the perfect combo...
    I love being active. My long walks outdoors keep me sane and an intense strength training workout makes me feel good about myself. If my marathoner friend gets the same out of running marathons, who am I to tell her about the evils of chronic cardio?

brooke.S. is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Violette_R View Post

I'd rather shave my head with a cheese grater than do Zumba, but you seem to like it and your not using the incline bench means I get to. You may be horrified by my big delts, but I'm not crowding up your Zumba room so it's all good.
    Exactly!!!

Mireia is offline Member
    Lol at the Zumba! I loathe flirty girl fitness even more though!

My workout is chasing a toddler around the house. I can also carry his 25 lbs body for up to 5 hrs because he hates strollers.
    That is why I look down on all the weak stroller pushing mommies...

Jk

Yoga is not bad, but for fun I like Volleyball.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    I'm loathe to criticize anyones fitness choices given the number of couch potatoes out there. Anything beats inactivity. LOL, even Sweating to the Oldies. I like pretty much all exercise, but I get tired of the same thing too much. The only constant is riding horses, but that is pretty easy at this point in my life.

I want big delts.... I think after my crossfit membership expires I'll look into a gym membership and heavy weights.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

ecole66 is offline Senior Member
    I don't really care what anyone does as long as they are not doing stupid crap in my power rack at the gym!

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Frequent sex is the only workout you need.

Everyone elses program sucks in comparison....

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast