Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can it take a few weeks to notice weight loss? page 2

diverchick is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for your replies guys! Especially 14emom!...that article is eye-opening and on the verge of scary! When I look at what I should be taking in for calories after calculating my high activity level, my weight and height... I should be bringing in around 2800 Cal to maintain....I am only eating 1600-1800 a day!-and I usually train at least twice a day. I think I will try upping my Calories to 2000 just for a week to see what happens!!

thanks everyone!

paleodutch is online now Senior Member
    You are training that much?? Please read some of Mark's blogs about chronic cardio and do some less exercising

Right now I am training a lot less (once a day) as I seperated my shoulder playing hockey 2 weeks ago, so all I have been doing is running, sprinting, biking (on my trainer), snowshoeing and recently re-adding pullups and push ups into my training to test my shoulder.

I have been reading a lot about this chronic cardio thing....and I am most probably guilty, but I truly do not know how to stop! I have cut my cardio sessions down, so only doing 35-60 minutes a day- varied exercises- hockey, sprinting-both on the bike and on foot) etc. But going from being one of the triathletes that Mark describes in the book, this is already a big step for me. I am also in the Military and due to my trade I have to keep tip-top all the time. I am going away on exercise for 5 weeks where I will only be able to run in the mornings and do bw work for strength, so I am a little concerned. You are probably right, but it is a big transition going from training 2-3 times a day to only once if that. I am trying to get out and do some more low intensity stuff such as snowshoeing with my husband. But I still feel like I am not doing enough....ok....yes I am truly addicted to training!

Thoughts?

EagleRiverDee is offline Senior Member
    I think everyone's different but my personal experience was I lost weight immediately. I opted for a low carb/very low carb diet but didn't count calories. I lost the predictable water weight in the first 3 days, then began losing a steady 2 lbs a week until I began cheating with too much on wine (wine is a weakness of mine) and my weight loss has slowed but not stopped. But I knew before I started the diet that my body is sensitive to carbs and that I would lose by going low carb.
    High Weight: 225
    Weight at start of Primal: 189
    Current Weight: 174
    Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    My husband says no, but I say yes!! To be honest I have virtually no fat on my legs and a bit on my butt, but I have love handles
    and a spare tire! My arms are pretty well defined so it is mainly around the midsection.
    Put it this way, if I flex my abs I can see where the top two are... through about 2" of fat and
    the bottom ones.... well... I have never seen them!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12