Thread: Hooorayyy for corn page

rabbidchicken69 is offline Senior Member

Hooorayyy for corn

Primal Fuel
    I was just reading this really educational page about dispelling the myths about high fructose corn syrup

http://sweetsurprise.com/myths-and-f...FR49gwodQFYLww

I was really happy to find out that high fructose corn syrup wont make me fat, And it will keep me just as satisfied as if i ate a equal amount of sugar. I feel much better now, i can give up eating real foods and having to think for myself and i can just go back to eating pre-processed pre-packaged nutrient free food. As long as i starve myself from any real nutrition and workout for many hours a day i can slug back all the sodas and candy i want. Hooorayyyy for not having to eat real food!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    " Obesity results from an imbalance of calories consumed and calories burned"

Ha they say this like it somehow exonerates them.

So far so HFCS vs suckrose. I don't see the fixation with trying to implicate one or the other except by people who want to munch out on sugar and blame their resulting obesity on "bad genes" or "environmental toxins" or something.

barryman9000 is offline Senior Member
    Agreed! I also look to the "Corn Refiners" for all my dietary advice! </sarcasm>

Is't that just pathetic? That's like the other link someone posted on here from the sugar industry saying sugar is healthy. I also love how theres no comment section below all their "myths." And the myths offer no real explanations. My favorite one is:

"Myth: Consumers know why high fructose corn syrup is found in many foods and beverages." I guess it's a myth that people know why it's used... that one is hilarious!
    Last edited by barryman9000; 04-24-2010 at 02:12 PM.

EricMD is offline Junior Member
    Oh man. I have to admit that back in the day I would feel like I was doing something healthy if I drank a soda with sugar in it because it didn't have HFCS. My how far I have come.

jicamamama is offline Junior Member
    Funny, the only time in my life I have ever been able to lose weight it when I stop eating that crap and start eating real food. Low-fat diets that include high fructose corn syrup are the worst. I get terrible cravings and never really lose weight.

Pantera is offline Senior Member
    This post reminded me of a couple of other grossly-misleading marketing messages:

a) When reading labels at Whole Foods I sometimes come across: "evaporated organic sugar cane juice". As long as it is organic, sugar's fine, I guess?
    b) The most blatant one is one of a certain brand of cigarettes which stresses that their product is made with organic tobacco and no additives.

batty is offline Senior Member
    i just have to say the subject line of this post makes me lol every time i see it on the list. i've been reading it in ralph wiggum's voice in my head.

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

Bushrat is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    AWeSOME POST DUDE!!!!!! DID YOU KNOW THAT HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SyRUP aLSO CURES CANCER AND MAKES YOUR DiCK GROW LONGER!!!!!!