Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sacha Inchi Oil: Omega 6 (36%), Omega 3 (48%) page

Charles Blackberry Guest

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Has anyone heard about Sacha Inchi oil? It has an Omega 6 to Omega 3 ratio of about 1:1.3

It is supposed to have a mild and slightly nutty flavor. I am going to give it a try as an alternative to olive oil (4:1 ratio).

Here, some info from Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plukenetia_volubilis

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

Sounds very interesting.

So where do you buy this, the 7-Eleven?

SerialSinner is offline Senior Member

Charles I have heard of that plant too. I am concerned by the potential absorption issues you might face though. I am not aware of the specific chemistry behind it, but apparently, compared to animal sources, you need higher doses of O-3 from plants due to absorption problems. You might be better off buying plain bottled cod liver oil.

“Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
    "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

Charles Blackberry Guest

OnTheBayou, if you google "sacha inchi oil" and also "star seed oil" you'll find a couple of online retailers. Or maybe you can find it in Whole Foods.

Serial Sinner, you have a good point, but still, I was thinking in using it as an alternative (to olive oil) dressing for my salads while keeping my daily intake of fish oil unchanged.

Even with the absorption issues it might have, sacha inchi oil sounds like a healthier choice than any other oil from a vegetable source, because of its O-6:O-3 ratio.

Plain bottled fish oil seems like a good idea, but for me the downside is that it has a horrible taste, that is why I take gelcaps.

Semaya01 Guest

Sacha Inchi Oil is now available as a supplement. Contrary to what was written above the Sacha Inchi Oil will absorb into your body easier than fish oil and not need any chemicals to do so (fish oil needs chemicals to be absorbed by the human body). The Sacha Inchi Oil is available at www.semayainc.com it is also cheaper than it competitors with the fish or sea based omega supplements. This product also contains NO Cholesterol, it has Vitamin A & E and Proteins. This product contains 48 % omega 3, 36% Omega 6 and 9% Omega 9. It is the safest and best product on the market today. also you will not have to worry about contamination like you would with Fish Oil. Check it out at www.Semayainc.com.

NorthernMonkeyGirl is offline Senior Member

I spy SPAM !

Last post only... anyway, we like cholesterol over here

Charles, is "star seed" the same as "starflower"?

Semaya01 Guest

Well NorthernMonke, thanks for saying my post is spam. I do sound like spam since i do believe in this prodcut i have been on it for over 3 month's and would not come off at this point. maybe you should give it a try may yet convince you as well. let me know if you have any supplements you believe in.

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

Belief is not a substitution for fact.

What do you mean by "on it?" What do you find appealing? Did it cure baldness and war?

Even at that very nice alleged omega ratio, it still won't help correct the crappy ratio of most foods. You are not only adding O3, but (call it) an equal amount of O6. Does it help? Sure.

I have no supplements I believe in. I know certain vitamins and fish oil of mine do certain things, scientifically proven.

grandma is offline Member

I think I would still stick with olive oil. This oil appears to be 93% PUFA. I think you would be better off with Olive Oil at only 11% PUFA even if the OO O6/O3 is worse.

But it is well established that I have a fear of PUFA.

It's grandma, but you can call me sir.

grandma is offline Member

Additionally, I see no supplement benefit from this since it balanced O6:O3.

It's grandma, but you can call me sir.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast