Thread: Has anyone cured Rosacea? page

YogaBare is offline Senior Member

Has anyone cured Rosacea?

Shop Now
    If so, what did you do?

Cutting out wheat hasn't helped.

I've cut down on my nightshades intake but I really don't think they are causing it. My body goes into an inflamed state really easily, but I've never noticed a correlation between nightshades and flushing.

Mine is activated by:

- Inflammatory foods. (Sometimes even liver!)
    - Certain brands / strengths of coffee. Or maybe it's if the coffee is burnt...
    - Certain kinds of red wine (presumably by the chemicals)
    - Embarrassment (happens frequently )
    - Exercise

I'm noticing a few specs on my cheek are becoming a permanent fixture so should probably start looking into it more...

Any suggestions would be great!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

sjmc is offline Senior Member
    No suggestions from me but here's http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread24756.html until the other time zones wake up

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by sjmc View Post
    until the other time zones wake up
    lol
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Don't have rosacea, but:

Nicotinic acid/niacinamide and the skin. [J Cosmet Dermatol. 2004] - PubMed - NCBI

It is possible to demonstrate anti-inflammatory effects in acne, rosacea and nitrogen mustard-induced irritation. Because of its verifiable beneficial effects, niacinamide would be a suitable component in cosmetic products for use in disorders of epidermal barrier function, for ageing skin, for improving pigmentary disorders and for use on skin prone to acne.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Don't have rosacea, but:

Nicotinic acid/niacinamide and the skin. [J Cosmet Dermatol. 2004] - PubMed - NCBI

It is possible to demonstrate anti-inflammatory effects in acne, rosacea and nitrogen mustard-induced irritation. Because of its verifiable beneficial effects, niacinamide would be a suitable component in cosmetic products for use in disorders of epidermal barrier function, for ageing skin, for improving pigmentary disorders and for use on skin prone to acne.
    "an improvement in the moisture content of the horny layer." Lol.

Has anyone tried using a product like this? Niacinamide - Vitamin B3

Cheers Derp!

- Ray Peat

TheFastCat is offline Senior Member
    Are you aware of that theory that the cause of Rosacea is an over abundance of mite-like organisms living in skin? A researcher correlated that people with Rosacea had a mich higher prevalance than was normal, though as to why I don't remember it was determined.

Someone linked it on this forum a while ago... the search function just returns dozens of threads like this though...
    ad astra per aspera