Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bacon Binge! page

Chubbygirl is offline Member

Bacon Binge!

Shop Now
    So before 3 weeks ago, I had not touched Bacon in almost 10 years as I always thought it was the anti-christ of foods... the fat, the salt, I thought surely those who ate bacon blew up and resembled the product at its' beginings. But then while at the butcher purchasing my PB groceries, I saw this hunk of uncured, nitrate free & locally raised bacon that seemed to call out to me... I bought a pound. I CAN'T STOP EATING IT! For breakfast, on my salad for lunch, on my burger for dinner. And now after three days of bacon, I feel not-so-good... extremely thirsty but also sluggish and the scale (which I need to throw out b/c I'm horribly addicted to) is creeping back up when it was dropping each week.

SHOULD I QUIT THE BACON? HOW MUCH IS TOO MUCH?

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    Too much of anything can often not be a good thing. I hadn't eaten bacon in years until I started PB a few months ago. I eat a couple slices most mornings for breakfast, and I feel fine. Bacon normally has a lot of salt, so you should watch how much of it that you eat.

jadeocean is offline Member
    I eat a few slices a day. IMO you may be retaining a lot of water. In the past if I ate anything that had too much sodium I would start packing on the water weight until my body flushed out the salt, luckily I don't eat enough sodium for that to happen anymore but this may be what is going on with you...especcially if you haven't indulged in bacon before. I'd say drink lots of water and slow down on the bacon, you'll probably feel the difference. Too bad bacon is sooooo good!
    Went Primal: 3/28/2010 - 43 lbs lost!
    Over 15 inches gone!

Primal Journal ~ Jadeocean

Griff is offline Senior Member
    Get rehydrated and you'll probably feel better... but don't have that much bacon at one sitting again. john_e_turner_ii is right about that.
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Funkadelic Flash is offline Senior Member
    Bacon Binge: the best kind of binge imaginable. *bacon coma*

Primal Toad is offline Senior Member
    Yea... eating a lot of it at every meal is not a good thing. Like john said, too much of anything is not good. I enjoy bacon 3-5 times a week but usually have 4 slices at one time. Drink some water and consider avoiding bacon for a few days then just consume it in reasonable amounts. You will be fine
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

Allbeef Patty is offline Senior Member
    I have to pay attention to how I'm feeling when eating the bacon. If I know that I've gone overboard, I drink extra water and avoid salt for a while until I feel better. However, I do notice the problem more when I eat just bacon as opposed to cooking it with/in something.

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member
    My guess is you went overboard mostly because it's such a novelty.
    Bacon is really, REALLY good, but now that you know you can have some anytime you want, you won't have any problem with moderation. I devoured my entire first pound, too ;-)

Evita is offline Senior Member

A.M. Roots is offline Member
    Evita, that's amazing. Yeah, I just went LC a few weeks ago and over did it too. No worries, you're not alone on that one. I just keep rotating my meats and delicious high fat treats knowing they'll be there whenever I want and it worked itself out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast