Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: In a perfect world, what would your "work" be? page

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member

In a perfect world, what would your "work" be?

Primal Fuel
    This question has been on my mind. Assuming that the most important items/needs in your life are covered to your satisfaction, what would your occupation, job, work, livelihood be? At least, what would you do or try first?

For example, I have a disabled and special-needs child who will never be independent, so my given is that her therapies, equipment, supervision, and medical needs would magically be met. I only say "magically met" because when I daydream of possibilities, her care always stands in front of anything I might dream up, and if I assume I have all she needs, I can let my daydreams fly.

So - what would it be in a perfect situation? My guess is that many will answer in the direction of the arts...

I'll go first...
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Travel, travel, travel and take foreign language classes everywhere I went. I would stay in one place just long enough to get the feeling that it is time to move on, and then go, however long or short that might be. Somewhere along the line, find some kind of translation work niche.

I would still have home base, though. I need some place to store my stuff, and I kinda like my stuff. And home would be here when I needed a break for a while from all the footloose-ness.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I'm torn between writing and working behind the scenes in awareness for multiple diseases. I do actually write, albeit I haven't finished my opus thanks to real life.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

PureFunctionalFitness is offline Senior Member
    Personal trainer, wellness and nutrition consultant, international speaker and conference attendee on movement, exercise and evolutionary nutrition, community interaction, work life balance, etc etc.

I do the first one, am working more at the second more and more, just need to learn more and work on the rest

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    high queen of the world
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Artist

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Stand-up comedian, writer for a comedy show, writer of silly pulp fantasy and D&D supplements.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    high queen of the world
    Now there's a woman who knows her worth!

sjmc is offline Senior Member
    Drummer in a rock band

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    high queen of the world
    How high?
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast