Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: In a perfect world, what would your "work" be? page 9

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I immediately imagine myself living in Maine, maybe on my grandmother's property in the woods. I would keep the paths clear. We would raise goats and chickens, maybe more. I would sell eggs. I would wander, I would clear paths, I would offer to do this for others as well. I would probably also provide in-home computer services for people within a reasonable radius of my home. It's mostly older folks with old computers around there. I have good patience when it comes to learning someone's style and educating them in basic computer function.

It's a romantic notion. I don't know if I would truly enjoy that kind of work because I've never done it, but it's been a dream of mine since I was very little and darted in to grab eggs from underneath my grandparents' chickens. I would be incredibly depressed if their property ever left the family.
    I love the woods, too. My family comes from very close to this place...

Lingelbach Heritage - Burg Herzberg
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

EmmettsMommy is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    This question has been on my mind. Assuming that the most important items/needs in your life are covered to your satisfaction, what would your occupation, job, work, livelihood be? At least, what would you do or try first?

For example, I have a disabled and special-needs child who will never be independent, so my given is that her therapies, equipment, supervision, and medical needs would magically be met. I only say "magically met" because when I daydream of possibilities, her care always stands in front of anything I might dream up, and if I assume I have all she needs, I can let my daydreams fly.

So - what would it be in a perfect situation? My guess is that many will answer in the direction of the arts...

I'll go first...
    I love this question! I would create. The only times in my life I feel truly in line with my purpose is when I'm painting, writing, or re-purposing. I'm trying to do more of it lately. Creativity really is my joy. I would also like for this job to afford me things like travel to Europe and more time with my husband and kids.

NowhereMan is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EmmettsMommy View Post
    I love this question! I would create. The only times in my life I feel truly in line with my purpose is when I'm painting, writing, or re-purposing. I'm trying to do more of it lately. Creativity really is my joy. I would also like for this job to afford me things like travel to Europe and more time with my husband and kids.
    I agree with this 100%. Other things can be fun, but playing music or building things is what makes me truly feel fulfilled.

I am a financial advisor and I really do enjoy my job I get to meet new people and help them meet their financial goals so they can pursue their dreams. Eventually when I retire I hope to move to a small ocean front home in ecuador where i have my own garden full of fresh fruits and veggies and my hubby catches fresh fish as needed.

Mammoth toppler is offline Junior Member
    I would be a tenured professor in physics and computer science, spending all my time on research into neuromorphic computer system design, artificial intelligence, neural networks, and brain-computer interfaces.

In my spare time I would work as a travel writer/photographer around the more remote and exotic places of the world. And do some freelance drawings/digital art on the side.

I am working towards the first of these dreams now!

AyaPapaya is offline Member
    Since high queen of the world is already taken...

Small breakfast/lunch restaurant - or maybe a food truck.
    "Imagine all the people, living life in peace..."

"Nothing will work unless you do."

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Goddess os sex.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Sefton is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    To be the most interesting Paleo-Primal man in the world.

e.g. "Why he looks so cool and the clothes are perfect...that must have took him an half hour this morning getting it right"
    What really happened: Everything matter of factly comes together for me in five minutes with no thought or effort what so ever.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789