Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: In a perfect world, what would your "work" be? page 7

bamabelle is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I'm kind of doing it. I am a nurse practitioner, and totally love it. If I could change anything, it would be the restrictive way of practicing that is dictated by medicare (yup, our evil government), insurance companies and relulatory agencies. The beurocracy has a component of improving care in some ways, but has put SO MANY BARRIERS to care in many ways. I want to do what I do with more freedom.
    Amanda

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sjmc View Post
    you're a security risk!
    No worries - it was 4 hours taken to figure out who to use from the jury pool of like 100 people -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Mud Flinger View Post
    I do math stuff like that to distract too -especially when trapped in emotionally charged situations and I can't easily leave ( like funeral services). It's a nice escape to the analytical side of the brain!
    Ouch, that is interesting. I never thought about using it that way. I just use it when I want to pass the time, rather than playing some random app on my phone. Like workplace bathrooms

SeaHorse is offline Senior Member
    For all you world travelers I would be the local guide at some point. Actually I've been doing that: meet you at point A and see you safely to point B, keeping you entertained with fairy stories and out of harms way (i.e. shoo away pickpockets who are after your bank card and passport). Now I took a translation job which has no season lows and highs. I like that too, no thoughts of changing.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by meggan View Post
    My dream would be for my husband and I to work from home. We'd have a little homestead with a few farm animals, and I'd garden and can. We'd be able to raise our (future) children without needing daycare.
    We'd be financially independent enough for us to travel when we wanted. I want a sturdy house, babies, chickens, and deep freezer with grass fed meats.

I'd also like to be able to classes and maybe train to be an EMT/paramedic.
    When I was hiking the Pacific Crest Trail and approaching the Klamath River, there was a really long road walk and I walked by this homestead. The wife was out tending the biggest garden I have ever seen. The husband looked like he was fixing something. Total off-the-grid homestead out in the State of Jefferson complete with the XX symbol on their mailbox.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

fresa is offline Member
    I'm sort of at the point where I am trying to figure out what my perfect job would be and...well...do it. I am currently a student and single, on the brink of graduation. I am interested in traveling and potentially teaching ESL, just as others on here have mentioned. I am currently in Spain, but have a giant list of place I want to go,and this feels like the right time to do it. Although I am quite a homebody, and struggle with not being settled anywhere. My dream job at the moment is to work in Ireland, but not much need for ESL there So my real dream job is sort of impossible, but I will figure something out I am sure. Maybe a company who needs help with US relations? Or at the US embassy? It sounds silly, but not knowing what your dream job is, is the hardest part of finding a job.

meggan is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    When I was hiking the Pacific Crest Trail and approaching the Klamath River, there was a really long road walk and I walked by this homestead. The wife was out tending the biggest garden I have ever seen. The husband looked like he was fixing something. Total off-the-grid homestead out in the State of Jefferson complete with the XX symbol on their mailbox.
    That was the future me

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    I would have been a well-paid companion in my youth, and I'd be the owner of such a service now.
    I would probably work for you. I would be your most sought-after companion.

saturnfan is offline Senior Member
    If it paid enough I would totally be a full time fluffer.
    Started 9/5/11 at 212lb
    Last weigh in 12/10/11 at 188lb
    Goal: 160

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by saturnfan View Post
    If it paid enough I would totally be a full time fluffer.
    Ahem... Had to look this one up. Guess I do live a sheltered life... Cannot imagine it at all, myself, but I did ask the question, didn't I?
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Primal Pamme is offline Member
    I am another homesteader wannabe. Hubby could write his books and speak at Primal, Psychological and Anarchist conventions and I would indulge my unending curiosity about how to create things and spend a lot of time playing my guitar.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast