Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: In a perfect world, what would your "work" be? page 6

sjmc is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    lmao! Definitely did that one. Usually win

Also, as another anecdote, while I was at jury duty, we weren't allowed to even bring in books....I passed the 4 hours by prime factoring the time each minute went by. If I went too fast past the current hour and minute, I'd do the hour-minute-seconds too...
    you're a security risk!

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    lmao! Definitely did that one. Usually win

Also, as another anecdote, while I was at jury duty, we weren't allowed to even bring in books....I passed the 4 hours by prime factoring the time each minute went by. If I went too fast past the current hour and minute, I'd do the hour-minute-seconds too...
    I do math stuff like that to distract too -especially when trapped in emotionally charged situations and I can't easily leave ( like funeral services). It's a nice escape to the analytical side of the brain!

I would probably be the town potter. I love to make things and clay seems to be in my blood. I totally get the basket weaving comment as I just sat down at the wheel the first time and it all was there. More experienced students were kinda envious that it was all so easy for me. I need to do more of this now and stop letting stupid distractions get in the way.

In fact, why don't we all start moving into our dream/preferred way of spending time more? Since we only have today, do something you love more often!

Phil-SC is offline Senior Member
    Martial Arts Instructor.

ecole66 is offline Senior Member
    Exactly what I am doing now, a photographer. It's what I have always wanted to do but just started doing it for a living 6 years ago. I thought I wanted to do it for the artistic release but I now realize it is the people I get to work with that make it the most rewarding. Yesterday I did an entire indoor soccer league(over 300 kids), have two sessions this week one a 2 year old and the other a 3 year old. Dance school season is almost here and I will photograph well over 1000 little dancers in a couple of weeks time. Then spring sports at the schools and high school seniors all summer with more sports, schools and families in the fall. I look forward to every second of it. Plus I get to set my own hours(well, almost), walk my daughter to school everyday and go to the gym when it is the least crowded.

DinoHunter is offline Senior Member
    Would love to run a small off the grid retreat getaway, completely self sustaining setup where I could teach survival skills, self sustainable living skills, outdoor skills (hunting, tracking, camping etc).
    Luckily hubby wants the same so that is the plan eventually.
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Warmbear is offline Senior Member
    I am a cabinetmaker, my dream job would be to be able to be independently wealthy and living in the country on a small farm where I could do my wood working as I see fit and no more fraking melamine kitchens and store cabinets. I would have chickens and goats and a garden and be as self sufficient as I could be. My wife though would live in a crowded urban artsy area where theater and museums abound. I would hate it. It would be a shame to see her go .....

I would make medieval themed chests and chairs and fun BDSM furniture. Maybe create my own school of furniture design and start a new popular style.

I get bored easily and hate doing the same thing over and over so this sort of environment would suit my need for variety.

If I had a choice where to live it would be Northern California or the foothills of Wyoming or the eastern townships of Quebec.
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

Rusty is offline Senior Member
    I was very lucky to have had a job I really loved, and would do it again. I used to be the head of security at a hospital. The job was always challenging, and demanding, but never boring.

I would do that again in a second.

My job now is really good, but won't last long, but a great job nevertheless, I am a homeschooling, stay at home mom!

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    I'm already in a creative field: web programming. I create websites for people. I'm not the graphic designer, I'm the coder. It's like solving puzzles all the time. I also play a fiddle in a jam session. I'm terrible at it but I have a gig today and sometimes I even get paid, but not today. I also have written self-published books, I have a blog I don't update very often but people thank me for my writing all the time, so I'm actually a writer (which is what I thought I was going to be when I was in 2nd grade.) I've altered clothing and sewed backpacking gear. I make shoes and sandals. I cook pretty well even though what I cook is simple. I hike and while that may not sound creative I wrote my books about my hiking and in one of them I wrote that if what you do is your art then hiking is my art. All artists must make sure not to sell too much of their time to others. You must keep some for your art.

There are many avenues for creativity even in regular workaday life.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

meggan is offline Member
    My dream would be for my husband and I to work from home. We'd have a little homestead with a few farm animals, and I'd garden and can. We'd be able to raise our (future) children without needing daycare.
    We'd be financially independent enough for us to travel when we wanted. I want a sturdy house, babies, chickens, and deep freezer with grass fed meats.

I'd also like to be able to classes and maybe train to be an EMT/paramedic.
    Last edited by meggan; 01-27-2013 at 10:52 AM.

meggan is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DinoHunter View Post
    Would love to run a small off the grid retreat getaway, completely self sustaining setup where I could teach survival skills, self sustainable living skills, outdoor skills (hunting, tracking, camping etc).
    Luckily hubby wants the same so that is the plan eventually.
    Oh! Sign me up, that would be amazing to attend.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast