Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: In a perfect world, what would your "work" be? page 4

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasputina View Post
    I have never heard that phrase! How would you go about getting a travel show?
    Me either. I always heard it end in 'floor' as in fall down drunk not the other which seems to imply that women who drink suddenly start charging men for sex. Perhaps I have led a sheltered life.

As for the original question, I would like to run a small restaurant/coffee shop. That or be like Steve Irwin. I love me some reptiles, though not in a tequila way.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    It's not that literal. Whore just rhymes with four/floor, etc.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    *cancels trip to Mexico*

somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Awwww, and here hubby thought all he had to do was invest in some good agave juice!
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Althaur is offline Senior Member
    Do what I do know. It's what I've wanted to do since kindergarten.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    This is what I plan on doing as soon as my house sells. My work niche would be teaching English which I could do anywhere in the world. I'm even wondering if I really need an apartment or not. Maybe I'll just sell everything and GO.
    You just HAVE to read Tales of a Female Nomad. It's an autobiography of a woman who has done exactly that.

I'm not sure what I would do. I would like to hike and travel part of the year and just hang out in coffee shops and read the rest of the year. If I had any musical talent, I'd busk for extra cash.

I once had this really strange vision while taking a basketry class. I had the strangest sensation that I was not being taught how to make baskets. I was remembering how to make baskets and I could see myself sitting on a dirt floor making big baskets with other people. So if it was me in a Grok-ish time, perhaps I would be a basketmaker.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 190 x 3

jojohaligo is offline Senior Member
    I am doing what I want, I am an artist. I make things. I can paint, draw, and I also make films, collages, and other 3d constructions, books, subversions. In other words I use the medium that fits the idea. Although not currently famous, I would like to be in history books someday. I am not embarrassed to say so.

If I had another lifetime I have thought about being a singer. I have a fair voice and I think with training it could be pretty good.

Or maybe a chef since I also love to cook.

But then again, I have also thought about being a carpenter, or a clothing designer...
    Female, age 51, 5' 9"
    SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
    2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

jojohaligo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    So if it was me in a Grok-ish time, perhaps I would be a basketmaker.
    A creative pursuit!
    Female, age 51, 5' 9"
    SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
    2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I once had this really strange vision while taking a basketry class. I had the strangest sensation that I was not being taught how to make baskets. I was remembering how to make baskets and I could see myself sitting on a dirt floor making big baskets with other people. So if it was me in a Grok-ish time, perhaps I would be a basketmaker.
    I adore baskets - I have a whole stack of them, some from Germany and some from Ghana (through a minor tribal prince I once knew back in Jersey), but all of them are sturdy beyond belief and completely useful. Awesome vision.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Naturopath/pet homeopath, working towards this now.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast