Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: In a perfect world, what would your "work" be?

canio6 Guest
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasputina View Post
    I have never heard that phrase! How would you go about getting a travel show?
    Me either. I always heard it end in 'floor' as in fall down drunk not the other which seems to imply that women who drink suddenly start charging men for sex. Perhaps I have led a sheltered life.

As for the original question, I would like to run a small restaurant/coffee shop. That or be like Steve Irwin. I love me some reptiles, though not in a tequila way.

It's not that literal. Whore just rhymes with four/floor, etc.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    *cancels trip to Mexico*

Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Awwww, and here hubby thought all he had to do was invest in some good agave juice!
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Do what I do know. It's what I've wanted to do since kindergarten.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    This is what I plan on doing as soon as my house sells. My work niche would be teaching English which I could do anywhere in the world. I'm even wondering if I really need an apartment or not. Maybe I'll just sell everything and GO.
    You just HAVE to read Tales of a Female Nomad. It's an autobiography of a woman who has done exactly that.

I'm not sure what I would do. I would like to hike and travel part of the year and just hang out in coffee shops and read the rest of the year. If I had any musical talent, I'd busk for extra cash.

I once had this really strange vision while taking a basketry class. I had the strangest sensation that I was not being taught how to make baskets. I was remembering how to make baskets and I could see myself sitting on a dirt floor making big baskets with other people. So if it was me in a Grok-ish time, perhaps I would be a basketmaker.
    Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

I am doing what I want, I am an artist. I make things. I can paint, draw, and I also make films, collages, and other 3d constructions, books, subversions. In other words I use the medium that fits the idea. Although not currently famous, I would like to be in history books someday. I am not embarrassed to say so.

If I had another lifetime I have thought about being a singer. I have a fair voice and I think with training it could be pretty good.

Or maybe a chef since I also love to cook.

But then again, I have also thought about being a carpenter, or a clothing designer...
    Female, age 51, 5' 9"
    SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
    2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    So if it was me in a Grok-ish time, perhaps I would be a basketmaker.
    A creative pursuit!
    Female, age 51, 5' 9"
    SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
    2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I once had this really strange vision while taking a basketry class. I had the strangest sensation that I was not being taught how to make baskets. I was remembering how to make baskets and I could see myself sitting on a dirt floor making big baskets with other people. So if it was me in a Grok-ish time, perhaps I would be a basketmaker.
    I adore baskets - I have a whole stack of them, some from Germany and some from Ghana (through a minor tribal prince I once knew back in Jersey), but all of them are sturdy beyond belief and completely useful. Awesome vision.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Shop Now
    Naturopath/pet homeopath, working towards this now.