Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: In a perfect world, what would your "work" be? page 3

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by meeshar View Post
    Funny that your signature is an Anthony Bourdain quote, because I've always said he's got the best job ever. Unfortunately, I don't think I have his guts of steel, so the food part wouldn't be as exciting.
    That would be a great job! I used to think the two shows that I'd love to host were the ones where the guys went to different countries to drink. I always wondered why they didn't have women doing that job, until one birthday....
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Enilegna/hearts is offline Senior Member
    I'd be one of those camera people that record wildlife for shows like Africa. I'd travel a lot, meet new cultures and learn different languages.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Forager View Post
    In this perfect world fantasy, Hubby would not have to work either, because I already am doing what I like (mostly) it helps that I don't have desires that are that far fetched. I make art, cook and clean the house (tbh I do that as little as possible). Would be nice to travel, and it would be nice if my friends and family had more free time and money so they could visit. I would cook for them and we could have long talks into the night about deep philosophical topics and of course walk in the woods during the day.

Crabbcakes with all your globe trotting I hope you will be able to make a stop in my neck of the woods. I will make you a feast!
    Hmmm... Feasts are nice, indeed. Very, very nice, in fact... And I have never been on the West coast, much less Californee...
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    That would be a great job! I used to think the two shows that I'd love to host were the ones where the guys went to different countries to drink. I always wondered why they didn't have women doing that job, until one birthday....
    Hey Joanie!

Um, either I have not drunk enough in my life, or I am dense, or both... Help?! Perhaps a wee bit of euphemistic language?
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    In my perfect life, I am not living in North America. I am earning a living from writing and I live in a small villa with a terrace over looking an ocean. Ideally, I live in southern Spain, France or Italy. Climate is warm, stable and I thrive on living a simple life of whole food cooking, learning new languages and spending my time reading, and writing. Walking, exercising, lifting are part of my daily routine. I live life as a minimalist -- a simple, quality life. I get around by riding my bike and from time to time I explore new areas in my very small austin mini. Life is simple and fulfilling and I live to 100 in good health, living independently -- not burdening the 'system' or my children. This is my perfect life.
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

La Carnera is offline Member
    a fine-artist, painter!
    and i'm pursuiting it, after quitting my job and eight years of sciences.

be afraid not.
    life is very short.
    and plus, it might "betray" you when you least expect it to...
    so... enjoy, fight and go for it: now.

Rasputina is offline Senior Member
    Okay, well I'm currently working on all of these things, but I'd like to write a comedy blog that reviews restaurants/venues and incorporates my art (see avatar), sell art prints, bags and shirts (am just starting prints and bags, my husband is setting up a web store), and making bank writing goth/punk erotica (writing one now). I would also like to record music with my husband.

* note- I used to be a professional freelance journalist, but I hated my sleazeball editor. I'd like my own publication.

Quote Originally Posted by La Carnera View Post
    a fine-artist, painter!
    and i'm pursuiting it, after quitting my job and eight years of sciences.

be afraid not.
    life is very short.
    and plus, it might "betray" you when you least expect it to...
    so... enjoy, fight and go for it: now.
    Wow! Best of luck!

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    Hey Joanie!

Um, either I have not drunk enough in my life, or I am dense, or both... Help?! Perhaps a wee bit of euphemistic language?
    I think some behaviors are tolerated more in men than in women. There's a phrase, "one tequila, two tequila, three tequila, whore," that sort of explains it.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    I think some behaviors are tolerated more in men than in women. There's a phrase, "one tequila, two tequila, three tequila, whore," that sort of explains it.
    I have never heard that phrase! How would you go about getting a travel show?

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast