Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: In a perfect world, what would your "work" be? page 2

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    wake and bake high?
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    In a perfect world I'd see Blood Orchid and Grumpy Cakes writing a comedy sitcom together
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

and if people liked it, i'd get top credit
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    In this perfect world fantasy, Hubby would not have to work either, because I already am doing what I like (mostly) it helps that I don't have desires that are that far fetched. I make art, cook and clean the house (tbh I do that as little as possible). Would be nice to travel, and it would be nice if my friends and family had more free time and money so they could visit. I would cook for them and we could have long talks into the night about deep philosophical topics and of course walk in the woods during the day.

Crabbcakes with all your globe trotting I hope you will be able to make a stop in my neck of the woods. I will make you a feast!

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I would have been a well-paid companion in my youth, and I'd be the owner of such a service now.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a fat hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

meeshar is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    I would have been a well-paid companion in my youth, and I'd be the owner of such a service now.
    Funny that your signature is an Anthony Bourdain quote, because I've always said he's got the best job ever. Unfortunately, I don't think I have his guts of steel, so the food part wouldn't be as exciting.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    and if people liked it, i'd get top credit
    You get top credit either way. If successful, I keep my job. If it flops, my name's not the one they remember. It's how Jack Lemon had such a long career. He always demanded that his name never be first on a movie.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

i said IF

if it tanked, your name would be first because i am queen of the world and have the power to alter history faster than the internet
    beautiful
    yeah you are

fuzzylogic is offline Senior Member
    What I do now: I'm an RN. I take care of really really sick people, at night. I'd do it if they didn't pay me, because nursing is something you do because you love it, because it is truly the best thing in the world.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    Travel, travel, travel and take foreign language classes everywhere I went. I would stay in one place just long enough to get the feeling that it is time to move on, and then go, however long or short that might be. Somewhere along the line, find some kind of translation work niche.

I would still have home base, though. I need some place to store my stuff, and I kinda like my stuff. And home would be here when I needed a break for a while from all the footloose-ness.
    This is what I plan on doing as soon as my house sells. My work niche would be teaching English which I could do anywhere in the world. I'm even wondering if I really need an apartment or not. Maybe I'll just sell everything and GO.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast