Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: bodybuilding.com page

Kingofturtles is offline Senior Member

bodybuilding.com

Anyone else frequent this site? I joined for fitness advice, which they are good at, however; I constantly get boo'd out of the nutrition forum. I promote a low carb life style that apparently is stupid and has no merritt. All they talk about is "bulking" then "cutting", where as myself, a low carber, never has to "bulk or "cut". I keep making strength gains while looking cut (i could prob cut 4 pounds. big deal)

jakey is offline Senior Member
    bodybuilding.com & tnation are hilarious. occasional good reads, with totally worthless forums.

one thing to note, though - not everyone reacts/adapts to low carb diets the same way. the majority of people trying one will only continue with strength gains for a limited amount of time. it's not an issue of bulking and cutting, either.

quikky is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingofturtles View Post
    Anyone else frequent this site? I joined for fitness advice, which they are good at, however; I constantly get boo'd out of the nutrition forum. I promote a low carb life style that apparently is stupid and has no merritt. All they talk about is "bulking" then "cutting", where as myself, a low carber, never has to "bulk or "cut". I keep making strength gains while looking cut (i could prob cut 4 pounds. big deal)
    I've been weight lifting for a while and I was never a fan of that site. There is some good information there sometimes. However, from what I've seen, most they talk about is just getting huge and posting pictures of each other in underwear while commenting on how big or small some muscle is. Recently I saw a thread of some guy posting pictures of his legs asking why his inner quads are not as big as his outer quads. He got into a nasty argument with another member, who posted a picture of his own legs with a bigger inner quad, saying he achieved it by doing leg extensions and that the other guy was a pussy. They also say "bro" way too much.

Quote Originally Posted by jakey View Post
    the majority of people trying one will only continue with strength gains for a limited amount of time. it's not an issue of bulking and cutting, either.
    Care to elaborate? Are you saying low carb = limited gains?

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    yeah, so ridiculous

except they're right
    nihil

jakey is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingofturtles View Post
    Care to elaborate? Are you saying low carb = limited gains?
    i certainly didn't put anything in absolutes. pretty sure i prefaced that by saying "not everyone reacts/adapts to low carb diets the same way." why do low carbers get so defensive?

i'm saying that for the majority of people that try it, *not everyone*, yes, low carb will equal limited gains. muscles like glycogen and glucose. most people don't get big & bad on ketogenic diets. doesn't mean it's impossible, doesn't mean that you're doing it wrong, doesn't mean that *you* should change anything. but recognize that you're not in the majority here.

BeatlesFan is offline Member
    I frequent BB.com a ton, more than this site. I just love the lifting lifestyle. That being said, I'm JUST like you. I get attacked constantly in nutrition for giving people advice. I've learned to pretty much stay away from that section. If i hear the phrase "if it fits your macros" one more time I might scream. What is your username?? maybe we can help each other out. I am "iusedtobefat99"

And in response to the low carb = limited gains ... lets take a hypothetical situation. Say someone eats 3lbs of steak and 12 eggs a day, you are going to tell me with a straight face they couldn't gain? Can't think of anything more anabolic than that

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    yeah, so ridiculous

except they're right
    about.....?

Quote Originally Posted by jakey View Post
    i certainly didn't put anything in absolutes. pretty sure i prefaced that by saying "not everyone reacts/adapts to low carb diets the same way." why do low carbers get so defensive?

i'm saying that for the majority of people that try it, *not everyone*, yes, low carb will equal limited gains. muscles like glycogen and glucose. most people don't get big & bad on ketogenic diets. doesn't mean it's impossible, doesn't mean that you're doing it wrong, doesn't mean that *you* should change anything. but recognize that you're not in the majority here.
    I wasn't being defensive. I wanted to understand exactly what you meant.

@Beatlesfan my name is kingofturtles on that site as well.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by quikky View Post
    They also say "bro" way too much.
    Correction, its actually "brah" and yes they say it way too much.

To answer OP, yes i frequent the bodybuilding forums. With the huge number of members over there you will find people all over he map. Yes the majority follow conventional wisdom but there are also people doing keto, paleo, primal, etc. I mostly use those forums as a source of entertainment. Threads can be quite comical. Also, they have some epic before and after weight loss threads that are very motivational. check it out: **Transformations from FAT to FIT** - Bodybuilding.com Forums

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast