Thread: Rob's Primal Journal (Montco) page

Montco is offline Member

Rob's Primal Journal (Montco)

Shop Now
    May 29, 2012 I weighed in at 275 lbs. I had enough. I researched on the internet and came across the Paleo Diet at the time. I spent the next 6 months or so trying to cut out processed foods, grains, and dairy. I was highly successful at first but eventually found myself going on plan for a week or two, then off for a week or two. My weight fluctuated and I now find myself only 15 lbs down from the start.

Although I've only lost 15 lbs I have learned a lot about nutrition these last 6 months. Researching the Paleo Diet, The Primal Blueprint (as well as this website), and the Whole9 folks, I have decided this is definitely the lifestyle for me. Watching the documentary, "The Perfect Human Diet" only solidified that opinion.

This time I am back on the wagon and ready to go. I'll be doing a modified paleo/primal hybrid. I'm not going to go crazy worrying about artificial sweeteners as I usually drop one in my coffee. I'm going to mostly cut out dairy, but not fully. I will allow myself Greek Yogurt and every once in a blue moon some cheese on an omelet. As far as alcohol is concerned, I will stick to wine and clear liquor although I rarely ever drink so that really isn't a big deal. Grains will be cut out completely unless it is a random splurge. I've decided that on situations like birthdays I will allow myself a slice of cake and/or a cheat meal.

My goal is to live an overall primal lifestyle but not get bogged down in being so strict. I just want to live a healthier lifestyle and not necessarily get caught up in all of the rules.
    Last edited by Montco; 01-28-2013 at 07:24 AM.
    SW: TBD lbs / CW: TBD lbs / GW: 185 lbs

Montco is offline Member
    Day 1 - January 25, 2013

Foods Consumed
    Apple (2)
    Eggs (3)
    Bananas (3)
    Steak
    Ground Beef
    Broccoli
    Carrots
    Onion
    Sweet Potato (1)

Day 2 - January 26, 2013

Foods Consumed

Eggs (3)
    Apples (2)
    Bananas (5)
    Broccoli
    Onion
    Carrots
    Green Beans
    Chicken
    Beef & Vegetable Soup
    Sweet Potato (1)

I've been in Maine at my in-laws house so I'm kind of at mercy with what foods I can consume. I wait to see what they are preparing then I ask them to throw my might on the side and not cover it in sauces and what not. I've eaten a TON of fruit these first two days mostly because that is what I had available here at their house.

I've been caffeine free these first two days and have a massive headache. I've consumed more water in the last 48 hours than I probably have in the last year (I'm talking plain water, nothing added like Mio). Today birthday cake was served for my brother in law and it looked amazing. I decided to stare at my 3 year old son while he ate it so I could pretend it was me, haha.
    Last edited by Montco; 01-26-2013 at 04:11 PM.

Montco is offline Member
    NOT a primal day yesterday. Not at all. Really fell off the wagon. Back on it today. Consumed multiple foods yesterday that I shouldn't have and I knowingly and willingly did it. One of those days you just aren't proud of yourself. I'm in control and will have a better day today.
    Last edited by Montco; 01-28-2013 at 07:24 AM.

Montco is offline Member
    Day 4 - January 28, 2013

Foods Consumed
    Eggs (3)
    Butter
    Strawberries
    Lettuce
    Bell Pepper
    Baby Carrots
    Ham
    Banana
    Balsamic Salad Dressing
    Baked Chicken
    Sweet Potato (2 small)
    Apple

Overall it was a pretty solid day. I got in a 4.05 mile run and stayed primal for the most part. My microwave is still broken which has put a serious dent in my vegetable consumption. I could steam them but I'm lazy, haha. The sweet potatoes took FOREVER to cook in the oven. Pretty sure I need to go out and buy a new microwave like ASAP.

Montco is offline Member
    PrimalCon New York
    The last few days have been very non-primal. Or perhaps it is unprimal. Not sure, but either way I ate like a fat piece of crap. Really hate disappointing myself and I don't know why I keep sabotaging my own plan to get healthy.

Back at it tomorrow as always. I won't give up. Ever. It may take me 5 years to lose 100 lbs but I will get there at some point. My goal for tomorrow is to do 21 straight days. 3 weeks. Just need to focus on 3 solid weeks of eating primal. I know I would drop a ton of weight in only 3 weeks because my body is just so ready to lose the weight.

One minor non-depressing update...

Found a new hobby! These last few years I've really gotten into running, but I sense a switch over to hiking in the near future. I went for a hike the other day and loved it. It was nice to stop and take pictures and really enjoy exercising. It will be fun to find new trails to hike and different things to see. So yea, hiking it is. I suppose it is more primal than distance running anyways. I will still run but not more than 3 miles at a time.