Thread: First Powerlifting Meet tomorrow. page

Wanderlust is offline Senior Member

First Powerlifting Meet tomorrow.

Primal Fuel
    Just thought I'd share I have my first powerlifting meet tomorrow. I've taken an entire week off from lifting and training to prep/recover. Been eating crazy amounts of food (1lb of meat minimum/day) getting at least one nap everyday. Surprisingly my body fat went down slightly, even eating rice and other carbs.

I have no illusions of winning this thing, but I like competing and it seems like a fun way to have more applications from all this lifting. I wasn't able to convince a single man to come with me...but I've got two ladies coming to compete. One of them will probably win her weight class too.

It's sad that when working with men I have to battle their ego's and insecurities, luckily no such issues with women. Just amazes me how some men can't put down Muscle & Fiction, lift heavy $h!t, and go out and do something with it. But I can get a 120 lbs female to squat over 200 lbs, the other one is 110 lbs and squatting almost as much....
    Last edited by Wanderlust; 01-26-2013 at 12:04 AM. Reason: I cant spellz
    "Go For Broke"
    Fat Kine-230/24% @ 6'2"
    Small Kine-168/9%
    Now- 200/8%
    Goal- 210/6%

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    may you lift all the weights powerfully, good sir
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

quikky is offline Senior Member
    Congrats and good luck!

If you don't mind sharing, what kind of poundage are you hoping to pull off in the various lifts?

I also totally agree with the lifting situation. Most lifting I see at the gym is curls, bench press, and abs - stuff you see in the mirror above the waist. I'd say 1 in 10 works on the lower body at all. Out of those, 1 in 10 actually works on the lower body, i.e. does full squats. Just this past Saturday I saw this guy at the gym: upper body of a bodybuilder, big shoulders, big chest, traps popping up by the neck, big arms, really lean, etc. ...Then I saw his legs. I am not sure he is aware he has them... Oh well, I guess he just wants to look good in pants and have strength only in the easily visible muscles.

Wanderlust is offline Senior Member
    Yeah that's pretty common to see dudes not doing legs. I've only seen one other person in the gym doing squats to depth (not counting people I'm encouraging).

My stats suck for a few reasons, 1) I've only been lifting seriously for 5 months or so, 2) I run and ruck in addition to just lifting, and 3) I'm over 6 feet tall, so it's harder to keep up with short guys my weight.

But my goal is 315 squat, 230 bench, 370 deadlift for a total of 920 lbs. (The winner is usually around 1,300 pound total).
    "Go For Broke"
    Fat Kine-230/24% @ 6'2"
    Small Kine-168/9%
    Now- 200/8%
    Goal- 210/6%

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    How exciting. Good luck with it

quikky is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanderlust View Post
    Yeah that's pretty common to see dudes not doing legs. I've only seen one other person in the gym doing squats to depth (not counting people I'm encouraging).

My stats suck for a few reasons, 1) I've only been lifting seriously for 5 months or so, 2) I run and ruck in addition to just lifting, and 3) I'm over 6 feet tall, so it's harder to keep up with short guys my weight.

But my goal is 315 squat, 230 bench, 370 deadlift for a total of 920 lbs. (The winner is usually around 1,300 pound total).
    Nothing to be ashamed of at all, doing great! Enjoy the meet!