Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello from England page 2

HappyDad is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hello from Kent. Still hoping if enough Brits go primal I'll be able to find grass fed beef somewhere near home.

Cavegirl13, thanks for inspiring me to finally register. Just signed up to say hello.

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyDad View Post
    Hello from Kent. Still hoping if enough Brits go primal I'll be able to find grass fed beef somewhere near home.

Cavegirl13, thanks for inspiring me to finally register. Just signed up to say hello.
    Surely you have Aldi in Kent - they do various grass-fed steaks, FWIW most UK beef is fed on grass in summer and silage with some ceral in winter, maybe some cattle nuts too, which are soy based as far as I know.
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

cavegirl13 is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for welcomes everyone.

Aldi for meat I will have to think about that one.Where exactly do they get their meat from as it's so cheap I always worry about the quality.I know they have the Red Tractor symbol but you only need a min food control to get one of them.Where I live we have a lovely butchers who has all different kinds of meats including kangaroo.Not brave enough to try it yet.

HappyDad is offline Junior Member
    Thanks Tribal Rob. We do indeed have an Aldi local. Will have to take a look.

Hello from SE London !
    I just went to my local high street butcher and asked about his beef - it's Scottish and grassfed - in the UK it seems to be described simply as quality beef - also look up Kent Free Range - they have mutton and goat too.
    Last edited by alisoncapricorn; 01-27-2013 at 02:54 AM. Reason: incomplete

If the meat is red tractor I think you can find out the farm it came from, the aldi stuff is british and labled as grass fed, that's as far as I've looked - aparantly Lidi have higher than average welfare standards for their meat, I know they do a gluten free chirizo that is very tasty.

It all depends on your budget, here in the UK soil association organic has very specific standards for the meat, including the welfare of the animals, that's the best you can go for from supermarkets, followed by free-range. But if you can find it a local CSA (community supported agricutler) meat and veg share is the best IMHO, they are often not certified organic as it's exspensive, but they often have higher stardanrds of animal and environmental care.
    I would personally choose I local butcher who gets locally sourced food over organic supermaket meat, but part of that is supporting local businesses, including the farms, and making a market for nose to tail eating.
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

Lilith is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cavegirl13 View Post
    Hi,Just signed up.

I've been doing Primal since April 2012 and started at 9st 7lbs.I hit 8st 4lbs Oct 2012 and have been maintaining since then.I want to build up some muscles so hoping the members on here can help me.
    I am a 52 year old female.

At the moment I try and do a min of 3 mile walk a day.When the weather is nice I do anything upto 10 miles which in the UK is very hard to do as we don't get many dry days.
    Hi Cavegirl

I'm in Staffordshire, it's good to walk round here as it's so hilly!
    Lilith

'Be yourself, everyone else is taken' - Oscar Wilde

thedannymartin is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tregosy View Post
    Hi from another West Yorkshire Paleo!
    3 West Yorkies in the same thread, we should start a society...we could do one of those calendar things and everything
    “Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I built my life.”
    - J.K. Rowling

I was gonna start a meetup thing, or should that be meatup but it cost to run a group - now I may not have been born in Yorkshire, but I'm still to tight to pay for that

sondora is offline Junior Member
    Hi from Somerset!!!

I recently moved down here and its like Primal heaven.

There's a local butchers who do only grass-fed meat and they deliver, they're called Gerald David
    I use them as often as I can. (hope its okay to post links here?) Also, they get bonus points for getting all their meat from their very own abattoir. Plus, all the pigs ears I get from them to keep my dog happy.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast