Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31394041

Thread: How My Primal Instincts Led Me to... Veganism page 41

doublehelix is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    I liked this thread as I believe the OP really wrote a sincere post with his thoughts and experiences.
    I eat meat, but I don't eat pork. Pigs are just way too intelligent for me to eat.
    Not to say all cows are dumb.
    If I totally went vegetarian, I'd starve on just vegetables. I eat a ton of them, every odd one too, but it's not enough to keep me going all day long.
    If I didn't work, I could graze on food all day long, eat when I am hungry, but like a lot of people, I have to work very long days and I have to eat when I have the chance.

Nellodee is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by doublehelix View Post
    I liked this thread as I believe the OP really wrote a sincere post with his thoughts and experiences.
    I eat meat, but I don't eat pork. Pigs are just way too intelligent for me to eat.
    If I totally went vegetarian, I'd starve on just vegetables. I eat a ton of them, every odd one too, but it's not enough to keep me going all day long.
    If I didn't work, I could graze on food all day long, eat when I am hungry, but like a lot of people, I have to work very long days and I have to eat when I have the chance.
    Avocados are the vegetarian solution to this :P
    token vegetarian

doublehelix is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nellodee View Post
    Avocados are the vegetarian solution to this :P
    I bring to work olives, small tomatoes, nuts, kale leaves, berries...and I love avocados. They are magical.

acytray is offline Junior Member
    2nd Chance, you are a thoughtful individual, and I respect your careful articulation of the journey. I hope you keep us posted as life's road winds along. There is a sadness in your life, I can see. You are resolving it through dietary extremes, or at least trying to. There is no one aspect of existence (food, relationships, religion, work) that can become a counterweight for some other deep problem, you know. If there is no one you can trust with the ache that compels you to extremes, perhaps you need to find that outlet and resolve the underlying source of suffering, the manifestation of which appears to be depression, anxiety and chemical imbalance.
    Blessings to you.

accidentalpancake is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by doublehelix View Post
    Hey, sewer rat may taste like pumpkin pie, but I'd never know 'cause I wouldn't eat the filthy mofo. Pigs sleep and root in shit. That's a filthy animal. I ain't eat nothin' that ain't got sense enough to disregard its own feces.
    I got 99 problems but a pancake ain't one...

My Journal

Height: 6'3"
    SW (Feb 2012): 278
    SBF: 26% (Scale)
    CW (May 2014): 198
    CBF: 14.5% (Scale)
    GW: ~190-205
    GBF: ~12%

CaveBug is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by accidentalpancake View Post
    Hey, sewer rat may taste like pumpkin pie, but I'd never know 'cause I wouldn't eat the filthy mofo. Pigs sleep and root in shit. That's a filthy animal. I ain't eat nothin' that ain't got sense enough to disregard its own feces.
    Pigs are actually pretty clean. In a CAFO situation, sure, you've got pigs laying in their own crap, but not because they want to, it's the same with CAFO cows. What pigs want is to wallow in mud and root up the soil looking for grubs or roots. Mud is good for their skin, keeps the bugs off, it's healthy. The average toddler likes to do it too but we don't shun them. Terrible reason to not eat bacon.

Sent from....right behind you....
    You are an animal on this planet and the rules of engagement are non negotiable.

accidentalpancake is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CaveBug View Post
    Pigs are actually pretty clean. In a CAFO situation, sure, you've got pigs laying in their own crap, but not because they want to, it's the same with CAFO cows. What pigs want is to wallow in mud and root up the soil looking for grubs or roots. Mud is good for their skin, keeps the bugs off, it's healthy. The average toddler likes to do it too but we don't shun them. Terrible reason to not eat bacon.

Someone's not a Tarantino fan.
    I got 99 problems but a pancake ain't one...

My Journal

Height: 6'3"
    SW (Feb 2012): 278
    SBF: 26% (Scale)
    CW (May 2014): 198
    CBF: 14.5% (Scale)
    GW: ~190-205
    GBF: ~12%

CaveBug is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by accidentalpancake View Post

Someone's not a Tarantino fan.
    Oops. *sigh* no. Not really.

You are an animal on this planet and the rules of engagement are non negotiable.

seashells is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CaveBug View Post
    Oops. *sigh* no. Not really.

I am, woot, good quote!

Terry H is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    But it wasn't sensitive.

Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31394041