Page 38 of 41 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: How My Primal Instincts Led Me to... Veganism page 38

MEversbergII is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet View Post
    As a witness to Tibetan Buddhism practitioners, I find this A HUGE HYPOCRICY from Dalai Lama and Lamas. They want thier practitioners to be vegetarians because they are killing lives of animals which CREATES KARMA. The practitioners are not even allowed to pay meat items or menus woth meat even for thier love ones. And they, the Lamas (teachers) eat meat. He just use alibis and philosophic arguments to make himself
    good in front of the public's eye but i don't think his actions justifies his "enlightend" philosophy. Being a Vegetarian, He could
    get enough neutrients with meat equivalent. I would say it is just his alibi and for his own comfort. Most of his actions defy his own teachings. I do not believe this man.
    It's a bad idea to expect reason from someone who believes they're the reincarnation of a holy person. Or anything, for that matter.

M.

Scarlet is offline Junior Member
    absolutely true! that's why as a witness, I pity those poor souls who is so fanatic and lost their fortune, time, dignity, human rights, energy and skills to this sect.

KimchiNinja is offline Senior Member
    Vegetarians always seem to be complaining about their migraines, depression, anxiety and other mental/brain issues.

Another Facebook post from a vegan today, "oh I guess migraines are just a part of my life now". I really wanna say "hey man, your brain is dying, eating some freakin' meat!".

Reventon is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KimchiNinja View Post
    Another Facebook post from a vegan today, "oh I guess migraines are just a part of my life now". I really wanna say "hey man, your brain is dying, eating some freakin' meat!".
    Yup.

As an aside on this and a response to the idea that there are no preachy, judgemental vegetarians out there, the most supportive person in my family with my primal change was my big sis, a long term vegetarian (and sometime vegan). She could see the results with what I was doing, said clearly this is the right path for what my body wants and told me to stick with it 100%.

She has no problem cooking meat for my brother in law or her daughter (and is absolutely religious about giving my niece eggs and letting her pick her foods through instinct), made sure she was getting adequate protein when trying for pregnancy and, of course, when actually pregnant. Mostly through fish and seafood rather than poultry or red meat simply because that's what she enjoys, so you could say that she slides through the scale of pescatarian, vegetarian and vegan as the requirements of her family and body change. She's very strict with B12 supplements and monitors her micronutrient balance intelligently as well.

Her choice to be a vegetarian is purely ethical and something she's more or less maintained as health and circumstances permit since she was 13 years old. The crucial thing with her vegetarianism is that she hasn't been dogmatic. She's in agreement about basic things like how humans have (quite obviously) developed as omnivores from an evolutionary standpoint. She's never preached at me about it, even when she first started and I was five, six years old. She's been honest when people asked her why but never pushed it on anyone. It still sends my mother into conniptions, but meh, all I can do is roll my eyes and tell her it's not like she's a drug addict or anything, just give her some goddamn celery

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KimchiNinja View Post
    Vegetarians always seem to be complaining about their migraines, depression, anxiety and other mental/brain issues.

Hard to say. My husband had complex migraines during a particularly stressful part of his life -- he was basically paleo/omnivorous. My BIL has terrible migraines fairly regularly; he's omnivorous for certain. He's a basically SAD, less fast food than normal (likes to cook; likes cooking light magazine, etc).

I know a lot of people who get migraines who are omnivorous, so i wouldn't say that vegetarianism is causal.

Hedonist2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    Mark Sisson's wife and daughter, I believe, are vegetarians. I think one could pull it off, but can't see me doing it.
    Mark's daughter is omnivore. His wife was raised vegetarian and now eats seafood a few times a week, and uses their protein powder. His son is a 100% lifelong lacto ovum veg.
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

brianabbs is offline Junior Member
    whitebear,

I am by no means trolling but your comment seems a little near sighted and un-educated. There have been numerous studies indicating just how bad animal fats and proteins are for the human body. Read or watch forks over knives. I was paleo for 2 years before it became mainstream. I am a competitive marathoner, weightlifter and soccer player. My performance was severely lacking and I started researching different diets. If you look into it deeper, the paleo diet is probably one of the most harmful diets known to man with todays food sources. It makes the body so acidic that it causes cancer and other inevitable chronic diseases that we simply write off due to "age." I've been strict vegan for 5 years and just completed a marathon in 2:45 minutes as well as deadlifted 3x my body weight in a local competition. I have boundless energy for days. I still follow some paleo principles, but the meat today will eventually eat away at your health and it "WILL FAIL." It is a proven fact according to a 30 year research on the topic (the china study). I respect your views and your diet, but before you post something so un-educated do a little research.

Best,
    Brian

WeldingHank is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brianabbs View Post
    whitebear,

I am by no means trolling but your comment seems a little near sighted and un-educated. There have been numerous studies indicating just how bad animal fats and proteins are for the human body. Read or watch forks over knives. I was paleo for 2 years before it became mainstream. I am a competitive marathoner, weightlifter and soccer player. My performance was severely lacking and I started researching different diets. If you look into it deeper, the paleo diet is probably one of the most harmful diets known to man with todays food sources. It makes the body so acidic that it causes cancer and other inevitable chronic diseases that we simply write off due to "age." I've been strict vegan for 5 years and just completed a marathon in 2:45 minutes as well as deadlifted 3x my body weight in a local competition. I have boundless energy for days. I still follow some paleo principles, but the meat today will eventually eat away at your health and it "WILL FAIL." It is a proven fact according to a 30 year research on the topic (the china study). I respect your views and your diet, but before you post something so un-educated do a little research.

Best,
    Brian
    You joined, just to post this. Troll found.

You also joined, to post the weakest possible argument, The China Study.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    whitebear,

Best,
    Brian
    I am not sure if you are a troll or why you revived an older thread. The China study is a completely invalid source of research/"proof".
    The China Study | Raw Food SOS
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

jackmormon is online now Member
    whitebear,

Best,
    Brian
    Are you from the PPK Militia? Choirqueer & gang says hellllloooooo!

Page 38 of 41 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast