Page 37 of 41 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: How My Primal Instincts Led Me to... Veganism page 37

liminal_luke is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    I haven't read through every post, but just want to say I agree with what Chaco said way back: moral veganism is an inherently jugemental choice. And because I'm a judgemental person myself, let me just say that I judge vegans for judging me. How dare they! Vegans are awful people. Did I mention I was judgemental?

Now it's true that the odd vegan may appear nice. Vegans tend to be well-educated (if misinformed) and conscious about how they present themselves to the world, so a certain clever skillfullness in hiding their true thoughts can be expected. In other words, the vegan may not come right out and say what a selfish oaf you (the meat-eating "friend") are. It may serve the vegan's purposes to remain quiet.

But let's be logical. How many people believe eating animals is wrong, but only for them personally--and that the rest of humanity gets a free pass? I can't believe it. Do you really think I'm wrong? Are vegans just masochists who acknowledge how tasty and nutritious meat is but don't think they deserve good eatin'? Hardly. Nope, deep in their dark souls they believe that not eating meat is a morally superior position, for themselves AND everyone else, and therefore can't help but feel morally superior to those who come to different conclusions. Even if they don't bother to say so out loud.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Personally I have a bit more sympathy with the plants since they have no legs to escape the herbivores and must be eaten alive with no possibility of escape! Scientist have measured that plants are sensible to dangers like fire or herbivore animals, so the vegans should be ashamed of their hypocrisy when they are gobbling down their green salads! My personal ethics on the other hand is flawless though, since I don’t distinguish or make any apartheidious differences between the various forms of life, but eat everything that comes in my way like a die-hard omnivore should do…

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    Personally I have a bit more sympathy with the plants since they have no legs to escape the herbivores and must be eaten alive with no possibility of escape! Scientist have measured that plants are sensible to dangers like fire or herbivore animals, so the vegans should be ashamed of their hypocrisy when they are gobbling down their green salads! My personal ethics on the other hand is flawless though, since I don’t distinguish or make any apartheidious differences between the various forms of life, but eat everything that comes in my way like a die-hard omnivore should do…
    Broccoli is innocent. Look into a cow's eyes. It is ready to die.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Broccoli is innocent. Look into a cow's eyes. It is ready to die.
    Looking into the eyes of a cow I can't see much more than two ontological zero's, there is nothing even close to a soul in them! A cow have a higher value than a broccoli only because it has more calories...

PrimalHunter is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    How is disagreeing with a conventional wisdom/so-called authority analagous to denying our nature? I don't see the connection at all.
    I agree that primal eating is our nature, but that's an opinion. Vegans think that our nature is to be compassionate enough to evolve away from our savage past and stop eating animals.
    "Don't go in there, General, it's a trap! That's a grain chamber. It makes people like you into people like me."

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalHunter View Post
    I agree that primal eating is our nature, but that's an opinion. Vegans think that our nature is to be compassionate enough to evolve away from our savage past and stop eating animals.
    Vegans believe a lot of things. Many of them believe we are naturally herbivores, and have only recently been corrupted into eating meat.

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    I agree that primal eating is our nature, but that's an opinion.
    No, that's not an opinion. It's an interpretation of evidence that is subject to refining as further data become available. That's not the same thing.

Vegans think that our nature is to be compassionate enough to evolve away from our savage past and stop eating animals.
    This sentence misuses both the words "nature" and "evolve" to attempt to justify the very behavior I find offensive.

Claiming (or simply behaving as if) the way we are isn't good enough, and that they can do/be "better" by denying the way we're built (rumen-free, single-stomached large-brained animals with canine teeth and salivary amylase - omnivores by any measure) is a valid reason to find offense with veganism.

Add the fact that the vegan mindset is inherently disingenuous about the ecological destruction and suffering occurs as a result of the monocrop agriculture that fills the bulk of the vegan plate, and it's downright villainy.

I can't speculate on how often Mark Sisson reads or is advised of the shenanigans we get up to in these forums, but I didn't think it was a total coincidence that he re-linked to his entry for the NY Times article on the ethics of eating meat in the latest edition of Weekend Link Love.

patski is offline Senior Member
    Rich, I think I love you.
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Scarlet is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Just had to share this:

"The Dalai Lama experimented with vegetarianism once, but after getting jaundice, his doctors advised him to return to eating meat. This became controversial when he visited the White House and was offered a vegetarian menu, he rejected it and replied 'I'm a Tibetan monk, not a vegetarian'.

If eating meat is good enough for the DL, it's good enough for me

As a witness to Tibetan Buddhism practitioners, I find this A HUGE HYPOCRICY from Dalai Lama and Lamas. They want thier practitioners to be vegetarians because they are killing lives of animals which CREATES KARMA. The practitioners are not even allowed to pay meat items or menus woth meat even for thier love ones. And they, the Lamas (teachers) eat meat. He just use alibis and philosophic arguments to make himself
    good in front of the public's eye but i don't think his actions justifies his "enlightend" philosophy. Being a Vegetarian, He could
    get enough neutrients with meat equivalent. I would say it is just his alibi and for his own comfort. Most of his actions defy his own teachings. I do not believe this man.

James Ming is offline Senior Member
    I find myself leaning a little towards veganism as well these days. For me its simply a taste preference and a caution for feedlot meat which is all of my meat (besides some wild fish). I still enjoy fresh meat, but not in as large a portion. Dairy makes me uncomfotable down there, and I still love eggs. I have nothing wrong with animal products, I think its a phase... Or, maybe not. Who knows. I don't thnk veganism is bad. It has incredible merits when done right, its just not for everybody. Neither is the paleo diet. Everyone's body has different preferences.

Page 37 of 41 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast